Aquatics Director Mount Fitness
Since 1963, Mount Wachusett Community College has built a tradition of providing innovative undergraduate education, workforce development, personal enrichment, and community service to North Central Massachusetts and beyond. Located in Gardner, MA, with satellite campuses in Fitchburg, Leominster and Devens, MWCC now serves approximately 12,000 credit and noncredit students each year and offers over 70 associate degree and credit certificate options. An award-winning, national leader in the area of renewable energy, MWCC is also nationally recognized for its veterans' services, civic engagement and K-12 partnerships.
We hope you will consider applying for one of our open positions, and discover all that Mount Wachusett Community College and the North Central Massachusetts region have to offer.
General Statement of Duties
This position is part of the management team for the Fitness Center with primary responsibility for the operation, programming, and staffing of the pool.
- Supervises swimming pool operation and staff
- Maintain associated equipment
- Ensure safety of individuals using swimming pool
- Teach swimming lessons/classes and water safety skills as required
- Assist in program development and coordinate work schedule for lifeguards and aquatics instructors
- Supervise all aquatics personnel
- Maintain flexible schedule with weekend availability and be on call for scheduled classes and life guarding as needed
- Administer a swimming test to individuals and evaluate lifeguards as required
- Maintain adequate inventory of pool chemicals, supplies, and equipment
- Ensure that filter system and chemical analysis of water is maintained and record data in appropriate logs
- Maintain cleanliness of pool and pool deck
- Rescue persons in trouble, administer First Aid and CPR to injured individuals if needed and follow emergency procedures
- Assist in the coordination and participation of special events is required
- Develop a monthly status report
- Participate in management meetings
- Fill in as "manager on duty" as needed
- Assist in additional duties as assigned by Director
- Associate degree and three- five years' experience as lifeguard, aquatics director, or other related position
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) required
- Current certification or ability to become certified in the following areas-Red Cross, American Red Cross Lifeguard Training, CPR for the Professional Rescuer, Standard First Aide
- Ability to work effectively with all staff and members of the facility
- Decisive and able to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain good customer relations
Salary: $ 40,000-$45,000
Employee Status: Full Time
Hours per Week: 37.5 Some evening and weekend hours required
Number of Weeks: 52
Mount Wachusett Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, religion, age, veteran status, genetic information, gender identity or sexual orientation in its programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
The following documents are required:
2. Cover Letter
Deadline Date: 7/19/18
Candidates may be subject to employment screening to include both a Criminal Offender Record Information (CORI) request and a Sexual Offender Registry Information (SORI).