Clerk IV (44 week)
GENERAL SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The purpose of this position is to provide clerical support for the Dean’s office in the College of Visual and Performing Arts (CVPA). The duties include typing (computer literacy required), reception (greet visitors and respond to inquiries in person, by phone and electronically), and dissemination of information pertinent to the College. The Clerk IV will have access to a great deal of information about Departmental functions, faculty, staff and students; maintaining confidentiality is critical.
Follows the University’s best practices to build and/or support student academic success and retention, and assist in meeting strategic objectives for persistence and timely graduation of the student population.
DETAILED STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves as first point of contact for CVPA Dean’s Office on the Main Campus in Dartmouth; greets visitors, gives information and provides tours and information for the college; directs persons to various departments or faculty offices; answers telephone calls and provides information to routine inquiries; directs inquiries about the undergraduate and graduate programs to proper departments; sends, receives, and distributes office mail, correspondence, and faxes; receives and signs for UPS and other deliveries; makes photocopies; serves as time keeper for College personnel including work-study and non-work-study students; orders office and computer lab supplies.
- Assists in maintaining calendars of the Dean and Assistant Dean.
- Assists in scheduling meetings, receptions with refreshments, and making travel arrangements.
- Assemble and compile data/statistics and compose documents pertaining to department activities, as directed by supervisor, and using proper format for presentation.
- Composes correspondence for routine letters.
- Provides proofreading/editing/formatting for accuracy and presentation.
- Types and mails memos, correspondence and related materials.
- Enters on-line Purchase Requisitions for office supplies, visiting artists/lecturers, subscriptions and ad copy, machine maintenance, repairs for the Dean’s Office, etc.
- Maintains log of student paperwork where signatures are required by the Dean and/or Assistant Dean and forwards and/or files as appropriate.
- Assists with Scholarship process by providing clerical support to the Assistant Dean, including correspondence, gathering of documents, local signage, etc.
- Assists with the editing of the course catalog and advising materials in the Dean’s office.
- Receives and logs applications and portfolios for searches for full-time and part-time faculty and staff positions.
- Reviews forms, lists, documents, correspondence and applications for accuracy and completeness; prepares standardized forms.
- Posts information to logs or records; files and retrieves electronic and/or paper records as required.
- Serves as key operator for the office’s copy machine; responsible for general troubleshooting (paper supply, jams, toner) and making scheduled maintenance or repairs.
- Assists the Studio Arts Foundation Director by providing clerical support, as necessary.
- May be required to occasionally travel to other University locations, such as the Star Store.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (REQUIRED):
Applicants must have at least (A) three years of full-time, or equivalent part-time, experience in office work, or (B) any equivalent combination of the required experience and the substitutions from the Massachusetts State Classification Specifications, which can be found at http://www.mass.edu/foremployees/classificationspecs/classspecs-pers.asp#c.
Applicants must be authorized for employment in the U.S. on a full time basis. Employment-based visa sponsorship not available.
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AT HIRE (List knowledge, skills, abilities)
******This is a 44 week position*******
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the direction of the Dean of The College of Visual and Performing Arts with functional daily supervision by the Assistant Dean of the College.
DIRECT REPORTING STAFF: May assign work and provide oversight to work-study students or graduate assistants, as directed by supervisor.
THEIR STAFF: None
DIVISION: Academic Affairs
DEPARTMENT: College of Visual and Performing Arts
BARGAINING UNIT: AFSCME
JOB GRADE: 13
NO. OF POSITIONS: 1
HOURS: M-F 9AM-5PM
STATE FUNDED: X
COMBINED INTERNAL / EXTERNAL: X
SALARY MIN. $633.90* PER WEEK *Prorated for 44 week schedule
REMARKS: ******This is a 44 week position*******
WEEKS OFF: Two weeks during winter session and the remaining six weeks between July and August
Please note that all employees of the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth will be paid over a 12-month period regardless of their work schedule. University of Massachusetts Dartmouth employees who “separate from service” prior to the end of the academic year may be paid in a lump sum at the time of separation for any remaining salary owed to them as of the date of their “separation of service.” “Separation from service” is defined, in accordance with Section 409A of the Internal Revenue Service Code, as when the employee dies, retires, or otherwise has a termination of employment with the University. Additionally the reverse is true in that the employee may owe the University a portion of salary.
QUALIFICATIONS ACQUIRED ON JOB (List knowledge’s, skills, abilities)
LICENSE AND/OF CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS None
SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLICANTS:
To apply please submit online a letter of interest, current resume and the contact information for three professional references.
The Deadline for INTERNAL applicants to apply is July 16, 2018
The Deadline for EXTERNAL applicants to apply is July 20, 2018.