Associate Director of Open Enrollment (REQ. 28267)
Under the direction of the Deputy Director of Business Development, Office of Executive Education Programs, the Associate Director for Open Enrollment is responsible for creating and implementing sales strategies, meeting participant enrollment commitments, and sales revenue targets for all open enrollment programs. Using EE's database, the incumbent is responsible for the strategic management of the sales funnel process, which includes converting prospects to sales; calculating and managing conversion ratios; following up on client referrals to generate open enrollment and custom executive education programs business; and partnering with the Marketing team for the creation of marketing plans to generate prospects, leads, and program enrollments. In addition, the Associate Director for Open Enrollment conducts business development activities to secure open and custom business. This includes working with the Deputy Director of Business Development to prospect, qualify and vet new clients, as well as arranging client meetings at which the Associate Director represents EE.
In addition to managing subordinates, the Associate Director for Open Enrollment has personal sales responsibilities, and directly communicates with prospects to convert them to closed sales. The Associate Director for Open Enrollment works closely with the Marketing team, Programs and Operations team, Custom Sales team, and with senior management.
- Demonstrated sales and sales management experience, selling to high-level corporate executives, including human resource and learning officers. Proven ability to build executive-level relationships, generate new business and retain business despite competitive pressures.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating and moderating corporate client meetings analyzing opportunity, correctly assessing fit and profitability. Proven ability to make professional presentations to large or small groups of high-level executive audiences, using superior interpersonal skills.
- Excellent client management, relationship marketing and consultative sales skills, with proven experience establishing successful, long-term business relationships with the senior level executives of corporations, trade associations and non-profit entities, using effective sales and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated telemarketing skills in an executive environment.
- Ability to deliver a superior level of customer service with excellent capability to follow-up on commitments made to potential and existing customers, adhering to timelines, budgets, and promises for information. Executive-level organizational ability, effective delegation and follow-through.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills to clearly and diplomatically to convey information to a diverse clientele either by telephone or in person using proper English grammar and to interact effectively with persons of various social, cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds to promote executive education. Proven ability to professionally represent the University in a variety of settings, international and domestic, internal and external.
- Marketing acumen and creative marketing skills. Knowledge of program marketing analysis to create and implement marketing ideas and processes.
- Demonstrated experience creating and implementing successful sales strategies for selling a portfolio of programs to high-level executives.
- Demonstrated management skill, including ability to effectively manage subordinates to work independently. Skill in organizing work flow to accomplish established objectives; delegating responsibility; training; evaluating subordinate effectiveness; administering necessary discipline.
- Comprehensive knowledge of management topics and theories and demonstrated understanding of current domestic and international business topics, management trends, and the international business environment. Experience conducting business in international locations, and comfort interacting with other cultures.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills research skills, including data analysis and interviewing skills.
- Ability to evaluate programs and prospective clients to determine feasibility and needs from a marketing and financial perspective, including competitive assessment.
- Ability to track expenses and adhere to budgets. Financial acumen, including demonstrated knowledge of budget creation, management, analysis, and financial reporting. Working knowledge of corporate billing and registration practices.
- High level of initiative with the ability to integrate diverse opportunities and complex viewpoints into simple business solutions. Excellent organizational skills and superior attention to detail with the ability to organize material, information, and people in a systematic way to optimize efficiency and minimize duplication effort.
- Skill in prioritizing to maintain organization and efficiency in completing work in a timely manner when there are changes in the workload, changes in assignments, pressures of deadlines, competing requirements and heavy workload.
- Skill in working independently with minimal direction, with the ability to make independent judgments and/or decisions and to discern when action of a higher level is required.
- Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues.
- Experience developing and implementing relational and marketing communications plans.
- Strong proficiency using various hardware and software programs including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) email, electronic calendaring system, Internet (web searches), contact management software, and database (Salesforce platforms preferred), travel and entertainment reimbursement software (Express preferred), web conferencing platforms (Elluminate, Webex, Zoom) and online delivery platforms. Adobe Suite, including InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple responsibilities, deadlines, and personalities and ability to foresee and resolve wide variety of business problems and take action where answers to a problem are not readily apparent.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, both at the University and remote locations, and to travel overnight. Ability to work flexible schedules and holidays, as necessary. Ability to travel to domestic and foreign locations. Ability to travel to both domestic and foreign destinations. Possession of a valid California Driver's License, insurance and no restrictions from driving in other states within the United States. Ability to work evenings and weekends, both at the University and remote locations.
- Ability to identify confidential and sensitive information and handle with tact and discretion. All files, records, customer data, documents, blueprints, information, letters, notes, and similar items relating to the business of the UCLA, whether prepared by the Director for Open Enrollment or otherwise coming into his/her possession, shall remain the exclusive property of UCLA. S/he shall not retain any copies of the foregoing without UCLA's prior written permission.
- Bachelor's degree and five or more years' of progressively more sales and management experience working in the field of executive development, and/or education.
- Knowledge of EEP program content and Anderson faculty expertise. Knowledge of Executive Education Programs, MBA-level management education, training, and professional development. Knowledge of EEP program content and Anderson faculty expertise. Knowledge of program implementation and logistics.
- Knowledge of university, UCLA, Anderson School and Office of Executive Education Programs. Knowledge of UCLA department policies and accounting processes. Ability to interface with Anderson Business Office and UCLA Purchasing, as necessary. Advanced degree in business administration, public administration or equivalent. Knowledge of EEP program content and Anderson faculty expertise. Ability to understand/speak a foreign language. Participate as student in the UCLA Executive Program. Advanced degree in business administration, public administration or equivalent.