Business Analyst Sr (Limited Term)
Business Analyst Sr (Limited Term)( Job Number: 0177415)
Description Job Purpose: Provide liaison services between functional user and technical systems groups in the development or modification of typically complex information systems. Lead in definition of user business requirements and assure they are appropriately addressed in application implementation. Redefine business processes to maximize application usage as required. This is a “limited term” position. All employment and assignments are ultimately contingent upon available funding and business needs.
- Document and analyze more complex user business processes and requirements; identify solutions including modification of business process.
- Develop specifications and test plans associated with system development or modification.
- Confer with and provide support to technical group in systems development.
- Lead in testing of new or modified systems.
- Provide communications link between user and technical group.
- Prepare reports and other documentation related to system assignments.
- Provide ongoing user support including troubleshooting and resolution of more complex system issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business or IT related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Eight to ten years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires an advanced knowledge of various documentation processes, business system architecture and associated technologies; advanced skills in data organization and analysis, problem solving, systems documentation and report writing as applied within assigned system(s); skills in functional leadership and cross communication between functional user and technical groups; ability to manage work on multiple projects with competing priorities; strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills with the ability to tailor communication to different audiences; effective analytical and presentation skills; excellent organizational, time management skills, and professionalism; self-motivated and able to work independently.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: N/A
- Preferred Work Experience: N/A
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills: PeopleSoft 9.2 HCM experience, experience writing SQL queries.
Additional Information: This is a “limited term” position. All employment and assignments are ultimately contingent upon available funding and business needs.
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: assigned user group management and staff, technical project management and staff. This position typically will advise and counsel: assigned user group management and staff, technical project management and staff. This position will supervise: NA (may provide work guidance).
Department Description The Office of Information Technology (OIT) provides information technology leadership and support to the Georgia Institute of Technology, working in partnership with academic and business units to meet the unique needs of a leading research university. OIT serves as the primary source of enterprise-wide information technology and telecommunications services in support of students, faculty, staff, and researchers.
Job : Information Technology Primary Location Georgia-Atlanta Organization : Office of (OIT) Information Technology