Central Stores Clerk
The Stores Clerk assists in the receipt, inventory and distribution of supplies and equipment for Facilities Services Central Stores.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Assist in maintaining a clean, efficient and effective storeroom operation by following procedures to receive, unpack, inventory, store (as necessary) and account for supplies and equipment.
- Assist in receiving packing lists for warehouse stock items.
- Use Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, and database files to help maintain inventory logs.
- Assist with delivery and pick up of parts and equipment from local vendors.
- Fill supply requests and inventory, stock, and maintain equipment at the NW Campus Custodial distribution/pool locations.
- Contribute to an accident-free work environment by keeping the Stores area clean, neat, orderly, and free of clutter and debris; properly storing and handling hazardous materials, solvents, and chemicals; following the operator’s manual for storage and use; and operating vehicles and equipment in a safe manner.
- Assist other departments as needed.
- Promote and adhere to all recognized safety practices and standards.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible, and professional engagement.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Manager, Facilities Operations
Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
Additional Requirements: Applicants must have a valid Florida Driver License and be authorized to drive for the college (Driving Requirements). A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Previous storeroom experience. Forklift certification or safety training certificate.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
- Results Orientation – proven ability to set and exceed established targets.
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Organization & Time Management – able to plan, schedule, organize related to the job to achieve goals within or ahead of established time frames.
- Adaptability to Change – able to be flexible and supportive, able to positively and proactively assimilate change in rapid growth environment.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Ethics – able to demonstrate integrity, professionalism, civility, and a high degree of ethics in all job-related actions.
- Customer Service – ability to respond promptly and courteously to all questions from students and faculty in the lab, demonstrating patience and persistence when helping students with little or no computer skills.
- Systems & Software – proficient level using computer and applicable software applications.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application, submit a letter of intent, an up-to-date resume, as well as college transcripts through the job portal to be considered for this position. College transcripts are required for any college coursework. If you do not have college coursework, proof of high school completion or equivalent must be uploaded as unofficial transcripts. Unofficial transcripts are only accepted for review purposes, official transcripts are required prior to any offer of employment being made.