Senior Research Analyst
Amherst College invites applications for the Senior Research Analyst position, a full time, year round position that is a part of a dynamic and collaborative team within the office of Advancement. The Senior Research Analyst provides key information contributing to Amherst College's fundraising and engagement goals in support of the mission of the College.
Through prospect research, data analysis, and documentation, the Senior Research Analyst adds to Amherst's understanding of how to strengthen its constituents' philanthropic relationships with the institution.
Using ethical and best practices, this position writes narrative reports on financial, philanthropic, professional, and biographical information for a range of audiences, including Principal and Leadership Giving staff, the Chief Advancement Officer, and the College President.
The Senior Research Analyst takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- Using various tools/sources, collect, analyze, and organize information pertaining to a constituent's philanthropic capacity, charitable interests, and relationship to Amherst College.
- Write comprehensive narrative research memos and other deliverables such as bullet-pointed profiles and thumbnail bios
- Respond to research needs and requests of Advancement colleagues, the Chief Advancement Officer, College President, and Campaign Co-Chairs
- Proactive identification of new potential donors using a variety of methods and analyses, including wealth screening, predictive modeling, giving analysis, reunion class research, and monitoring employment trajectories
- Provide consultation to frontline relationship managers on prospect strategy and participate in portfolio review and strategy meetings
- Information management and analysis
- Monitor news and current events pertaining to donors and prospects, as well as industry trends in higher education and philanthropy
- Bachelor's Degree
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to review, interpret, and synthesize a large volume of data into a concise written analysis while working in a deadline-orientated environment
- 3-5 years of experience in fundraising or similar field
- Experience with a CRM fundraising database, such as Colleague Advance
- Proficient in MS Office Word and Excel
- Experience with wealth and capacity screenings, predictive modeling, and data visualization
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and collaboratively
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to exercise sound judgment
- Strong time-management, organizational, verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and respect for constituent privacy
- Commitment to or experience working with a diverse community
- Experience with Microsoft Access
The Senior Research Analyst is a full time, year round position, job group and level PT-2.
Interestedcandidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply. The College is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!