Counselor-Career Development Center
Counselor-Career Development Center
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
Under the direction of the Director of the Career Development Center- coaches, advises, and facilitates career development to prepare and empower students, alumni, community members, and veterans to make informed career choices in pursuit of employment, including internships that will direct them toward their life's/career goals. Initiates, plans, develops, organizes, implements, and evaluates CDC's functions and services in collaboration with other staff.
The CDC is a comprehensive career counseling (CCC) model in which each counselor must be qualified to assist all students, from all majors offered at UVU.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a master’s degree in Counseling & Guidance, Educational Psychology, Social Work, or related Social Science field and two years of full time professional employment related to the Summary of Duties.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of career counseling theory and practices.
- Knowledge of college/university culture and job placement methodology.
- Knowledge of current social, economic, and employment conditions and trends.
- Knowledge of employer staffing practices, needs, and recruitment.
- Knowledge of research and analysis methods and report writing and maintaining databases.
- Basic Knowledge of both project management and marketing principles and practices.
- Public speaking and group presentation skills are essential.
- Sound interpersonal skills with a friendly and positive demeanor with superior customer service skills.
- Skills and technological competence using various applications to conduct work such as Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, Google, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively using verbal and written communications, as well as using electronic media and graphic presentation tools.
- Ability to design workflow models, processes, and systems.
- Ability to find solutions to complex problems and manage priorities.
Master’s Degree in counseling preferred, communication degrees or related fields may be considered.
Experience using client relationship management (CRM) software or career services software such as Handshake.
Frequently sitting. Frequent Fine hand manipulation typical with the use of a computer. Able to lift up to 25 pounds.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: $36,319 - $48,425
Advertisement Number: STA84118 Career Development Center Staff 07/16/2018
Open Date: 07/03/2018
Review Start Date: 07/09/2018
Close Date: 7/16/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date. Please list a minimum of three references. References may be contacted at some point during the screening and selection process for a letter of recommendation.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/7513
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.