Administrative Assistant II
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: Enrollment Management
Department: Office of Admissions
Requisition Number: 11429
Employment Type: Classified Staff
Posting Close Date: 09-Jul-2018
This position will support the Marketing & Communication team by maintaining the publication and marketing collateral fulfillment system and shipping publications and marketing collateral to off site events; regularly tracking and reporting on publication and marketing collateral inventory; preparing mailing lists and handling returned mail using the Office of Admissions' CRM system; serving as administrative support to the Director and members of the Marketing and Communication team; and creating, updating and maintaining the budget for marketing and communication related activities.
Who We Are
As one of 34 U.S. public research institutions belonging to the prestigious Association of American Universities (AAU)—and the only member in the Rocky Mountain region—our goal at CU Boulder is to directly affect Colorado communities through collaborative research, innovation and entrepreneurship. Our faculty, staff and students work with the broader community to establish unique connections that have lasting outcomes—both across Colorado and around the world.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Publication Distribution:
- Maintains publication and marketing collateral fulfillment system; monitors calendars and deadlines; responds appropriately to requests for materials; organizes requests, prioritizes, prepares and ships all materials; and prepares reports.
- Publication Inventory Management:
- Maintains inventory of publications and marketing collateral; keeps accurate records and prepares reports; notifies Director and campaign managers when reordering is needed, keeps storage area neat and orderly.
- Administrative Support:
- Actively uses the Office of Admissions' CRM system to handle returned mail and update student records, handle data for loading into the system and for brochure mailing lists. Assists with project management system and updates to guidebook information.
- Budget Support:
- Sets up and maintains budget for Marketing & Communication related activities.
- Assistant to Director:
- Serves as assistant to Director.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is $33,396.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Collaborative. Be Empowered. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Two years of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position. Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year for year basis.
What You Will Need
- Strong attention to detail.
- Highly personable and customer service-oriented approach.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic, dependability, team-orientation and be highly accountable and responsible.
- Experience managing budgets.
- Experience managing an inventory including record keeping and reporting.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Experience at CU Boulder or in higher education.
- Experience shipping materials.
- Experience working with a CRM System.
- Experience working in a project management system.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
- A current resume. Must include date ranges and whether full time or part time work.
- A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
- DD-214 for veteran applicants.
- Qualified veterans are eligible for veteran's preference points within the State classified system. If you are a veteran and would like to have your DD214 evaluated to determine your eligibility for preference points, please attach a copy of your DD214 to this posting. If you do not wish to upload a DD214, please email a copy to HRESmail@colorado.edu or send via fax at 303-492-4693 and reference the job to which you are applying.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Select here for additional information regarding Classified Staff positions: www.cu.edu/cu-careers/special-instructions-classified-staff-applicants
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer