Assistant or Associate Professor, Management
When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
Job Type: Full-time, 9-Month Faculty Position
Schedule: Monday through Friday, with some evenings and weekends
Position Location: Longmeadow, MA
The Business Department offers four majors: Business Administration, Marketing, Small Business Development and Interior Design -Commercial/Residential. The ideal candidate will have five or more years of teaching and practical experience in at least two of these areas of concentration. Experience with small business and operations a plus.
In addition, since most of our business students come from The Knowledge Corridor and intend to remain in this region after graduation, the instructor will be expected to work closely with the Sullivan Career Services Center to develop relationships with employers in the region in order to develop and maintain internship and employment opportunities for our students.
In addition, many of our Residential College students are looking for more flexibility in their course schedules. The Residential College and The American Women's College at Bay Path University are therefore striving to collaborate as much as possible to accommodate this expressed need. The incumbent will be expected to support this collaboration over the months and years to come.
- Teach a minimum of eight (8) courses (24 credits) annually to include undergraduate and select graduate courses.
- Maintain close contact to and affiliation with a variety of small and large businesses in the region, working closely with the Sullivan Career Services team in order to ensure responsiveness to the business community and provide internships and entre to employment opportunities.
- Support undergraduate and graduate research activities.
- Advise students and champion their requests for greater scheduling flexibility.
- Assist in curriculum development
- Remain active in research/scholarship.
- Maintain scheduled on campus office hours according to University policy.
- Attend faculty, department and college meetings.
- Assist the admissions office with student recruitment by participating in Open Houses and other admissions events, calling and writing prospective students and other activities as requested.
- Maintain an active presence on the campus including attendance at major University events (e.g. Commencement, Academic Convocation) and student events.
- Participate in University committees as assigned.
- Stay current with best practices in teaching and learning.
- Understand the role of assessment in achieving specifically stated learning outcomes.
- Incorporate technology to enhance student learning.
- Understand and appreciate the University's mission, purpose and goals and the role of faculty in achieving those goals
- Demonstrated commitment to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion.
- Attend trainings as required.
- Perform any other job related functions as assigned by the University.
Bay Path University recognizes the increasing diversity of our student body and aspires to provide an inclusive learning environment for all. Applicants who want to contribute to this aspiration and support our mission should help us to understand how you will be able to add value to our team.
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree is required. Ph.D. in business or related discipline preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have five or more years of teaching and practical experience in at least three of these areas of concentration; Business Administration, Marketing, Operations, Human Resource Management, Small Business Development and Commercial/Residential Interior Design.
- Technical expertise/certifications associated with the business disciplines helpful.
- Eager to try new approaches to teaching business disciplines including online and hybrid.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPAA guidelines.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University will become a smoke- and tobacco-free community as of July 1, 2018.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
Bay Path University is dedicated to building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty committed to teaching and learning in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from minorities, women and all underrepresented backgrounds. An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.