Systems Support Engineering Manager Sr
Job Description Systems Support Engineering Manager Sr( Job Number: 0177119)
Description Job Purpose: Organize and lead a large functional unit consisting of multiple groups or a program with campus critical impact. Identify objectives and manage resources toward those ends within broadly defined parameters. Responsible for setting unit goals, assessing performance, providing feedback, and making pay recommendations.
- Participate with other senior managers in establish strategic and architectural plans and objectives.
- Manage system/infrastructure matters to meet objectives.
- Review and approve recommendations for operational planning and control.
- Establish priorities and direct systems design and/or program implementation.
- Participate in development and implementation of policies that affect immediate operations or campus-wide functions.
- Organize and manage unit or campus-wide program.
- Oversee development of systems and procedures to protect institutional assets.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Work Experience: Eight or more years job related experience.
- Certifications: N/A
- Skills: This job requires advanced expertise and skill in information technology related unit or program management including strategic planning, design, implementation and follow-up. Also required is expertise in system infrastructure concepts and applicable system operating systems and ability to effectively operate within broadly defined goals and objectives.
Qualifications Preferred Qualifications:
- Preferred Education: Master's degree in a management or engineering field
- Preferred Work Experience: 3-5 years overseeing a NOC and/or datacenter team
- Preferred Certifications: N/A
- Preferred Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in managing a datacenter facility and 24x7 support staff
- Experience deploying, maintaining, and utilizing Datacenter Infrastructure Manager (DCIM) or Building Management System (BMS) platform
- Skill in creating, documenting and implementing processes as well as collaborating with partners and customers
- Managing, implementing, and applying monitoring tools to proactively manage services and systems
- Familiarity with Systems, Storage, Network equipment and concepts as well as virtualization and cloud services (I/P/S as a Service)
- Basic project and service management skills
Additional Information: N/A
Impact & Influence: This position will interact on a consistent basis with: IT leadership and staff, campus unit management. This position typically will advise and counsel: IT leadership and staff, campus unit management. This position will supervise: systems support supervisors and/or program staff.
Department Description The Office of Information Technology's (OIT) Architecture & Infrastructure (A&I) directorate provides Infrastructure, Platform and Operations services for Georgia Tech technical operations including campus data centers & NOC, systems management & monitoring platforms, central servers & storage, web platforms, collaboration tools and more.
Job : Information Technology Primary Location Georgia-Atlanta Organization : Office of (OIT) Information Technology