Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College is seeking an Administrative Assistant to the Dean of the School of Business and School of Advanced Technologies who is dedicated, enthusiastic and experienced.
The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the dean and is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responsible for the overall clerical duties that take place within the division, including but not limited to, answering phone inquiries, greeting campus community and visitors, preparing correspondence and data entry.
• Ability to consistently communicate in a timely manner with tact and diplomacy.
• Aptitude to do research and prepare presentations and reports.
• Will also assist others in the department with projects on an as needed basis.
• Responsible for tracking departmental budgets including reconciliations, payment processing, requisition requests and quotation requests.
• Organizes departmental events including advisory meetings, department meetings, and recruiting events.
• Minimum of an Associate degree or the equivalent college credit from an accredited college or university and three (3) years of related clerical experience involving frequent public contact.
• Bachelors Degree
• Experience with fund accounting
• Modern office organizational skills, practices, procedures and equipment
• Oral and written communication skills.
• College organization, operations, policies and objectives.
• Applicable sections of state and federal laws and codes.
• Technical aspects in field of specialty.
• Be able to complete duties assigned in a timely fashion and meet deadlines by planning and organizing work.
• Perform specialized clerical and technical duties related to assigned area.
• Understand and follow written directions as well as have strong interpersonal and verbal communication skill.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, demanding environment with constant interruptions that requires a high degree of multi-tasking with minimal supervision.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Southwestern Michigan College is a two-year college located approximately 45 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 45 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore.
Posting Number 20110686
Job Category Staff
Reference Request Details
Accept References Yes
Minimum Requests 3
Maximum Requests 5
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have at least an earned Associates degree or equivalent college credit?