Midway University is seeking applicants for a Network Engineer. This is a full-time, position with benefits. The successful candidate will be responsible for analyzing, designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and repairing of network infrastructure and application components. This position reports directly to the Chief Information Officer.
This position performs a wide variety of evaluation, maintenance, installation and training tasks to ensure the computer network performance meets University and user satisfaction. This position also provides direction, information, and recommendations regarding network configurations and installations
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Design, setup and configure complex switching environments
- Design, setup and configure complex wireless networking that supports open or secured access and the ability to support voice and video applications
- Maintain a thorough understanding of the basics behind the Internet and its workings (DNS, Security, IP Routing, HTTP, VPN, Email Routing, SPAM, etc.)
- Configure and setup Firewalls, VPN Concentrators and Security appliances for access to vital business applications
- Design of multi-server environments including IP address schemes, DNS, WINS, Ether- Channel (Bonding), etc.
- SharePoint & Office 365 administration.
- Meraki full stack experience
- Respond to inquiries from staff, administrators, service providers, site personnel and outside vendors to provide technical assistance and support
- Troubleshooting malfunctions of network hardware and software applications, telephones and security systems to resolve operational issues and restore services.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of Local Area Networking
Qualifications include: Bachelor's degree is required, Master’s preferred. 4-5 years’ experience with configuring, installing and troubleshooting centralized network infrastructure such as routers, hubs and switches. Strong Experience in the following: VMware, Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft ADFS, Windows Server, Veeam Backup and System Imaging Experience. Certifications in Cisco Certified Network Associate; VMware Certified Professional highly desirable. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
Midway University is an equal opportunity employer.