Part-Time Library Assistant - Technical Services
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College is seeking an Part-Time Library Assistant.
The Library Assistant—Technical Services is responsible for assisting in the efficient operation of library services under the direction of the Coordinator of Library Services.
Primary responsibilities are the coordination of technical services. The Library Assistant—Technical Services is responsible for managing periodicals, ordering supplies, inspecting & repairing damaged library materials, conducting inventory, processing new materials, cataloging, archiving, overseeing overdue notices/fines, assisting with circulation, and providing basic reference. The hours for this position are 28 hours a week, including evenings during the Fall and Spring semesters.
All applicants must exhibit a strong knowledge of computer and technological skills and possess strong attention to detail.
Excellent customer service skills including verbal and written communication skills are required.
Knowledge of HTML & CSS programming languages is highly preferred, as is previous library work experience.
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
• Oral and written communication skills.
• College organization, operations, policies and objectives.
• Technical aspects in field of specialty.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Southwestern Michigan College is a two-year college located approximately 45 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 45 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore.
Posting Number 20110683
Job Category Staff
Reference Request Details
Accept References Yes
Minimum Requests 3
Maximum Requests 5
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate's Degree or higher?