Part-time Records Assistant
Position Summary Information
Job Description Summary
Southwestern Michigan College is seeking a part-time Scheduling Coordinator to join the Records Department.
The Scheduling Coordinator is responsible for the overall duties of scheduling classes and organizing room assignments for such classes.
The ideal candidate will have three years of related clerical experience involving frequent public contact.
Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Southwestern Michigan College is a two-year college located approximately 45 minutes north of South Bend, Indiana, and approximately 45 minutes from Lake Michigan’s eastern shore.
Special Instructions to Applicants
• Modern office practices, procedures and equipment
• Oral and written communication skills.
• College organization, operations, policies and objectives.
• Applicable sections of state and federal laws and codes.
• Technical aspects in field of specialty.
• Accurate keyboard skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communication skills.
• Be able to complete duties assigned in a timely fashion and meet dead lines.
• Ability to work well in a fast-paced, demanding environment that requires a high degree of multi- tasking with minimal supervision.
• Perform specialized clerical and technical duties related to assigned area.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions.
• Meet schedules and time lines by planning and organizing work.
• Perform duties with constant interruptions.
• Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard as well as seeing to read and review materials for accuracy.
• Hearing and speaking to exchange information with students, staff and public.
• Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
Posting Number 20110684
Job Category Staff
Reference Request Details
Accept References Yes
Minimum Requests 3
Maximum Requests 5
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have an Associate's Degree or higher?