The Trustees of Phillips Theological Seminary, a graduate school of theology affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, seek a visionary leader to serve as the school’s president. As the seminary's chief executive officer, the president is responsible for ensuring the institution has the plans, personnel, culture, material assets, systems, and relationships necessary to fulfill its mission and to achieve excellence. The president will exercise strategic leadership for the seminary while ensuring its continuing spiritual, academic, fiscal, and operational effectiveness.
The next president will be known for spiritual maturity and recognized as being unusually prepared to advance the mission of preparing students for biblically and theologically responsible, compassionate, justice-oriented Christian ministry. The president must be willing and able to work collaboratively with denominational leaders of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) and The United Methodist Church, though membership in either denomination is not required.
The complete, official presidential profile, including areas of responsibility, leadership opportunities, qualities, and qualifications is online at: http://ptstulsa.edu/SearchDetails.
- An earned doctorate with teaching and/or administrative experience in a higher education setting sufficient to warrant the respect and confidence of the academic community.
- Ability to work with a varied community including the board, faculty, staff, students, alumni, and donors.
- Dedication to the ministry of the local church.
- Validated administrative and financial acumen.
- Proven record of success with major gifts fundraising.
- Strong social, oral, and written communication skills.
- Excellent people and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of theological education and emerging issues affecting and causing change within the church today and the alignment between the two.
- Experience working with and improving the contributions of a governing board.
The Presidential Transition Committee invites letters of nomination, applications, or expressions of interest in the presidency of Phillips Theological Seminary. Confidential review of materials will begin in early September 2018 and will continue until an appointment is made.
You should submit:
- a cover letter (MS Word or PDF) that addresses the details outlined in the Presidential Profile,
- a comprehensive resume or curriculum vitae,
- nomination letters as desired, and
- at least five references (including U.S. postal addresses, email addresses and phone numbers).
Send all application materials digitally to Claire Meredith, chair of the Presidential Transition Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Ashley Gibson, presidential search coordinator, for questions about the search at 918-270-6401or at email@example.com.
Phillips Theological Seminary accords equal rights and privileges to all members of the Seminary community. In the administration of its policies and procedures related to admissions, academic programs, hiring, promotion, termination, and compensation the Seminary shall not discriminate based on race, color, national or ethnic origin, alienage and citizenship status, marital status, age, sex, gender (including gender identity and expression), sexual orientation, pregnancy, genetic information, disability, military status, or religion. However, in cases where a denominational affiliation is a bona fide qualification, employment may be based on this factor.
Apply for President
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly