Tracking Code: 971-443
Position Title: Counselor
Reports To: Associate Dean of Student Life
Expected Starting Salary: $57,817
Excellent benefit package, including medical, dental, vacation, paid sick leave, and tuition benefit. For more details about benefits, go to https://www.nmc.edu/hr/ and click on Salaries and Benefits, or request a copy from the Office of Human Resources.
This position provides personal counseling, investigations related to Title IX and judicial affairs incidents, comprehensive academic and career advising, and conducts confidential individual therapy, crisis response and mental health counseling.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATES and LICENSES
- Master's degree or higher in Counseling, Psychology, or Social Work
- A minimum of two years experience in a counseling setting
- Licensed Master's Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC), or (Limited Licensed Psychologist (LLP)
- Experience addressing Title IX, Campus Save and VAWA related complaints
- Counseling experience in higher education, including personal and academic counseling
- Experience in advising and/or career coaching
- Experience supervising student internships
- Experience with social recruiting and/or marketing
- Experience working with volunteers
- State Approved Counselor Supervision Training
FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES: Essential for all NMC employees
- Ethical behavior and integrity
- Commitment to quality service, responsible stewardship, continuous improvement
- Agility/adaptability/tolerance for ambiguity
- Accountability/personal responsibility
- Commitment to lifelong learning
- Create/Contribute to a culture of innovation and thoughtful risk-taking
- Collaboration/Team work
- Value all people
Supervises others in accordance with NMC's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding, recognizing employees; addressing performance problems or gaps.
This is a full-time, 40+ hour per week position.
Applications submitted by 4:30 pm on July 20, 2018 will receive first consideration. Applications must be submitted online at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. For assistance call 231-995-2612 or 1-800-748-0566 x52612 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-Discrimination Policy Notice
Northwestern Michigan College is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities and admissions. nmc.edu/nondiscrimination
Michigan Law requires that a person with a disability or handicap requiring accommodation for employment must notify the employer in writing within 182 days after the need is known.
All applicants are required to review the job description prior to applying. Click here to review.Job Location Traverse City, Michigan, United States Salary - 57,817.00 USD Special Instructions to Applicants Please attach resume, cover letter and transcripts to your online application at http://www.nmc.edu/jobs. Official transcripts will be required of all finalists. Please mail to: Northwestern Michigan College Attention: Human Resources 1701 E Front Street Traverse City, MI 49686. or e-mail to: email@example.com