Adjunct - CNA/PCT/Med Aide
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2018-019
Posting Start Date: 2/14/2018
Minimum Education: Associates
Additional Documentation: Transcripts Required (upload as other)
Compensation: $35.00 per hour
Adjunct - CNA/PCT/Med Aide
- Evaluates students' progress and provides appropriate feedback.
- Prepare, maintain and submits accurate attendance records, reports, class rosters and grades established by institutional policy.
- Provide hands-on instruction to adult learners and practical training to create an engaging learning environment.
- Providing instruction to adult learners with varying educational levels, abilities and backgrounds and appropriately adapting and delivering material to participants with multiple experience levels.
- Use appropriate technology to enhance student learning outcomes
- Utilizes a course syllabus for each course taught following established institutional guidelines.
- Making recommendations for program improvements as appropriate and required. Interfaces regularly with project team and other instructors and attends scheduled meetings.
- Maintaining confidentiality of student records and other sensitive subject matter.
- Working assigned schedule, exhibiting regular and predictable attendance.
- Performing related duties as required.
- Associate's Degree in Nursing
- Two years experience teaching adults in a structure enivorment.
- Must be an lincensed as an RN in good standing in Maryland
- Must have long term or critical care experience
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.