Law Enforcement & Jail Academy Director
Law Enforcement &
Jail Academy Director
Part-Time, 20 hr/wk, year-round
Wisconsin Rapids Campus
Mid-State Technical College is seeking an experienced law enforcement professional to step into a leadership role and oversee all aspects of the Law Enforcement and Jail Academy at our Wisconsin Rapids campus.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Develop and implement curriculum
* Ensure the WI Dept of Justice Training and Standards expectations are met
* Coordinating integration exercises, scenario training and testing
* Recruit students and fire faculty
* Represent the College in the community in regards to law enforcement and correction careers
* Serve as the primary contact with the DOJ, law enforcement agencies and correctional facilities
* Associate’s in Criminal Justice; Bachelor’s preferred
* 2 yrs of related occupational experience that includes experience in a supervisory role
* 2 yrs of teaching experience at the secondary level or higher
* Wisconsin Department of Justice law enforcement instructor certification; additional law enforcement certifications preferred
* Demonstrated leadership skills
* Excellent problem solving, interpersonal and organizational skills
* Ability to build a successful team and develop partnerships
Compensation based upon experience and qualifications.
How to Apply:
To be considered for this position, complete an online application at:
You should have the following information available when completing an application:
* Contact information (addresses, phone numbers)
* Employment History
* Electronic copy of resume and transcripts
Application materials submitted via mail, fax, email, or in-person will not be considered. Incomplete applications or applications noting "See Resume" will not be considered.
Please note that Mid-State’s main form of communication during the recruitment process is email. In addition to receiving communications from email addresses with an @mstc.edu domain, you may receive emails from [email protected] Please be sure to watch your inbox as well as junk, spam, and clutter folders.
Continuous recruitment with first review of completed applications starting July 18, 2018. Applications received on or after July 18th may be considered in a secondary pool.
Mid-State Technical College, an equal opportunity employer and educator, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation, or other applicable legislated categories, in its services, employment programs, and/or its educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admission, treatment, and access. Mid-State Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies: VP-Human Resources, 32nd Street N, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494, Phone: 715-422-5325.