10006105 - Operations Analyst
Office of Financial Aid
Exempt, Regular, Full-time, Pay Grade 1.4
University of Maryland University College (UMUC) seeks an Operations Analysts within the Office of Financial Aid. The Operations Analyst is responsible for the collection, analysis, monitoring, and reporting of data to inform operational decisions and day-to-day workforce optimization actions within the department.
SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Support the analytic needs of the department by analyzing and reporting student participation/interaction within departmental operational activities.
- Perform analysis of call volume data enabling operations to perform predictive scheduling of resources.
- Work with the Assistant Director to create and generate standard daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and year-end reports as well as ad-hoc reports to inform operational and workforce optimization decisions by managers and senior leadership.
- Monitor and establish a process for maintaining the accuracy, quality, and integrity of financial aid data and interactions with students.
- Provide data-driven recommendations to build business cases to improve processes and recommend initiatives for workforce optimization and operational efficiencies.
- Conduct thorough analysis into specific data categories and operational processes to uncover trends and identify areas of opportunity.
- Identify and implement systems and processes to create efficiencies in data collection, reporting, analysis and process optimization.
- Develop queries and ad hoc reports to support summary analysis for executive presentations.
- Stay abreast of and report on market trends in financial aid and higher education.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher learning and a minimum of two (2) years of relevant work experience.
- A proven track record of progressive operations analysis experience, as well as knowledge of telephony, WFM and CRM systems, including PeopleSoft Campus Solutions and Salesforce.
- Advanced understanding and experience using Excel, as well as the entire Microsoft Office suite.
- Must possess strong analytical skills and be detail oriented.
- Ability to quickly learn new data capture tools and techniques.
- Ability to interact with all levels of the organization and present data specific to the end users' level of understanding.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Experience with Work Force Management and data reporting with Verint, eGain, and Cisco Finesse preferred; demonstrated skills in the areas of: strategic thinking, customer service, creative problem solving, time management, oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and to handle multiple tasks.
- Possess qualities such as the ability to use independent judgment and to make informed decisions in a timely fashion; the ability to interact and communicate effectively with all levels of an organization; to formulate assessments and propose recommendations in an articulate fashion; support executive level execution of strategic priorities, and adapt to changes in a dynamic work environment.
- Exposure to project management skills and business process redesign is highly desired.
POSITION AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY & WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FILLED
SALARY COMMENSURATE WITH EXPERIENCE
All submissions should include a cover letter and résumé. UMUC offers competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits for qualifying positions, such as tuition remission, generous leave and healthcare. For detailed benefits information, please visit: https://careers.umuc.edu/benefits.html.
The University of Maryland University College (UMUC) is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination. UMUC is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, ancestry, political affiliation or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
If you are an external candidate, you will have the option to create an account after you submit your application. Passwords for external accounts must contain 8 characters including 1 uppercase letter, 1 number, and 1 special character. Please remember this password, as it will be required to apply to additional jobs.