Administrative Assistant I
Office of the President
Summary of the Position
The Administrative Assistant I provides support to the office of the President. This position operates as the first point of contact for telephone and walk-in visitors to the President's Office. The position provides clerical and administrative support to the President's Executive Assistant, Chief of Staff, and the President. The position manages schedules, calendars, and provides information to students, faculty, staff or other constituents.
• Provides administrative support and assists in managing calendar for all members of the Office of the President.
• Serves as a backup to the President's Executive Assistant.
• Maintains office files for security and availability.
• Uses the utmost care and discretion in problem solving or in routing a constituent/customer to other departments for appropriate resolution.
• Handles all matters with the utmost confidentially, diplomacy and tact.
• Greets all visitors as they arrive to the President's Office and directs accordingly.
• Answers and appropriately routes all incoming calls to the President's Office.
• Maintains the reception area and ensures that all office items and supplies are appropriately stocked.
• Coordinates the logistical components of certain events including but not limited to; reserving space, coordinating guest lists and invites, and ordering catering.
• Will coordinate the work of student employees as necessary.
• All related duties as assigned by members of the President's Office.
• Files expense reports for the Office of the President, collecting, tracking and submitting receipts and invoices.
• May be asked to assist with travel arrangements for members of the Presidents Office.
• May be asked to draft short notes, letters and documents for the Office of the President.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience Requirements)
High School Diploma and 1-2 years of related experience.
Ability to interact in a professional and respectful manner with a variety of internal and external Constituencies. Requires excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills, problem solving ability and the ability to multi-task and deal with competing priorities. Requires a self-directed individual. Also requires a high degree of discretion due to confidentiality and a professional demeanor as well as a commitment to customer service.
Must be proficient in MS Office Suite.
Advanced proficiency with MS office Suite is a plus.
Experience with Workday is a plus.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Documents Needed To Apply
- Cover Letter
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity.