Assistant/Associate Professor of Exercise Science and Athletic Training, AT Clinical Education Coord
Job Responsibilities and Duties: This is a full-time teaching position, non-tenure track (convertible to tenure-track after 3 years of successful teaching), 10-month annual appointment with additional responsibilities related to the academic program (Clinical Education Coordinator for Athletic Training), reporting through the department chair to the Dean for Natural and Health Sciences.
Essential Job Functions:
- Teaching, generally twenty-four semester hours per academic year (release time provided for administrative duties)
- Clinical Education Coordinator for Athletic Training – responsible for preceptor training and development, clinical site evaluations, developing additional opportunities for student clinical experiences, administration of clinical education phase of athletic training curriculum
- Engaging in academic advising with students and supporting students’ personal and professional development
- Designing new courses and curricula, as necessary
- Assessing student learning
- Assisting with student recruitment
- Participating in faculty governance, including attending meetings—full faculty, college, department, and committee—and fulfilling attendant responsibilities
- Meeting assigned classes regularly, beginning and ending class sessions as scheduled
- Working in a professional and team-oriented manner with faculty, staff, and administrators
Secondary Job functions
- Engaging in scholarly work to remain current in the field
- Directing and attending non-class activities, as necessary
- Developing course syllabi and teaching plans
- Supporting students’ personal and professional development
- Maintaining office hours, as appropriate
- Earned doctorate in Athletic Training or a related discipline (e.g. Rehabilitation, Higher Education, Physical Therapy)
- Preferential consideration may be given to candidates with prior college teaching experience in a CAATE-accredited athletic training education program
- Preferential consideration may be given to candidates with the dual credentials, ATC, PT
- Current BOC certification as an Athletic Trainer
- Knowledge and experience sufficient to enable the candidate to teach undergraduate exercise science and graduate athletic training courses
- Ability to deliver course content and to assist students in understanding course content
- Ability to evaluate student writing and to provide effective feedback
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with students, faculty, staff, and administrators
- Ability to adapt to changing teaching and learning environments and content-delivery methods
- Ability to work cooperatively with faculty colleagues, in the best interests of the students
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities, meet deadlines, and respond to students’ legitimate needs in a timely manner
- Ability and willingness to work with students of all skill levels and academic backgrounds
General Information: Manchester University is an independent, liberal arts university with a campus in North Manchester, Ind., where approximately 1,300 students choose from at least 60 areas of undergraduate study, two master's programs and 21 NCAA Division III varsity sports. Our second campus in Fort Wayne is home to the Manchester University Pharmacy Program, where graduates are awarded the Pharm.D. Doctoral degree.
Manchester has a distinctive commitment to developing respect for ethnic, cultural and religious pluralism and an international consciousness. Manchester University respects the infinite worth of every individual and graduates persons of ability and conviction who draw upon their education and faith to lead principled, productive, and compassionate lives that improve the human condition. As an institution rooted in the tradition of the Church of the Brethren, Manchester University values learning, faith, service, integrity, diversity, and community.
Work Schedule: Most classes, meetings, and office hours are scheduled during the typical work day; however, there are some evening and weekend responsibilities.
What We Offer: We offer competitive pay and the opportunity to serve in a dynamic educational environment.
Salary Range: $56,000 - $58,500
To Apply: We seek a candidate with a commitment to working effectively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Apply online via ADP and submit a cover letter, curriculum vita/resume, teaching philosophy and evidence of effective teaching. Questions can be emailed to email@example.com.
Manchester University is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants who further diversify our faculty and staff are warmly welcome.