Senior Professional Research Assistant
UNIVERSITY OF COLORADO Anschutz Medical Campus
Colorado School of Public Health
Latino Research and Policy Center
Senior Professional Research Assistant
Nature of Work
The Latino Research and Policy Center (LRPC) within the Colorado School of Public Health has an opening for a full-time Senior Professional Research Assistant (Sr. PRA). This position will primarily support the Center projects' data management and operations. The Sr. PRA will work as a data analyst with various research studies, service projects, and clinical programs associated with the LRPC. The position will be funded by various existing sponsored projects and provide statistical data analysis for project leaders and investigators at CU-Denver and relevant sub-contractors. More detail on our research and service projects are found on the LRPC website: http://www.ucdenver.edu/academics/colleges/PublicHealth/research/centers/lrpc/Pages/LRPC.aspx
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assisting with and managing the overall implementation and evaluation of funded projects, under the supervision of the Project Leader (PL) or Principal Investigator (PI).
- Oversee project implementation per established and approved protocols, including research projects regulated by the Colorado Multiple Institutional Review Board (COMIRB).
- Oversee the input, management, and maintenance of projects' databases in RedCap, Excel, SPSS, and other relevant software.
- Provide assistance with study, project, program and instrument design, data tracking systems and databases, data coordination, cleaning and analysis, reporting, program evaluation, data files preparation, and manuscripts on a variety of health outcomes-related projects using primary and secondary datasets.
Examples of Work
- Developing and coordinating data tracking systems and databases in REDCap.
- Writing statistical programs in SAS, SPSS, and/or R to analyze data collected from various research and service projects' grants.
- Consulting with investigators/program directors on the design, development, and implementation of research projects and clinical and service programs.
- Supporting the evaluation of projects, programs, and the preparation of reports.
- Supporting the writing of manuscripts from the research projects and program evaluations.
- Managing the data files derived from data collection, including preparing and distributing data files that are requested and approved by PIs, project and program.
The Sr. PRA reports to the LRPC's Executive Director and the Associate Director for Research with close interactions with Project Leaders and Principal Investigators (PIs) from CU-Denver and oversight from the Center Manager.
Undergraduate research assistants (URAs) and graduate research assistants (GRAs).
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
The incumbent will exercise discretion, analytical skills, personal accountability and responsibility in a wide range of areas. The work also involves creating, integrating, applying and sharing knowledge directly related to a professional field and is performed mostly independently but with guidance from the PL or PI.
In addition, we expect
- Knowledge of federal and university human subjects' research regulations.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as a team member and work effectively with a variety of faculty members, clinicians, and community leaders.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado strongly supports the principle of diversity. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
1. Master's degree in statistics, biostatistics or biometrics, or related field.
2. At least two years of SAS, SPSS, and/or R programming experience.
1. Previous data analysis experience in a university and/or hospital environment highly desired.
2. Experience with multi-site research projects.
3. Experience with randomized controlled trials.
4. Experience with research involving underserved Latino communities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Questions should be directed to Suzell Klein at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:A review of the application material will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants must apply online at http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers . Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE: 1. A cover letter which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three to five professional references in a separate document.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 30038 - ASA-Latino Resrch&Policy Cntr
Posting Date: Apr 24, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Suzell Klein
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00745397