Instructional Design Manager, UCLA Anderson School of Management
Instructional Design Manager (Req. 26932)
UCLA Anderson's Executive MBA (EMBA) and Fully-Employed MBA (FEMBA) programs are nationally-recognized, self-supporting degree programs that each offer one section (~70 students) per entering class year in a hybrid format. Under the direction of the Associate Dean of EMBA and Hybrid Learning, the Manager of Instructional Design will have responsibility for identifying programs and courses that may best utilize online/hybrid instruction and will take responsibility for the design of these online/hybrid courses and class sessions.
In doing so, the Manager of Instructional Design will work directly with Anderson faculty to assist in program and course design/development and will advise on best practices for online and in-person instruction in a hybrid learning environment. The incumbent will be expected to maintain strong stakeholder relationships with faculty, program leads, and students, and will manage projects through to completion, providing first-rate customer service to internal and external customers.
The Manager of Instructional Design will also be responsible for establishing best practices for online/hybrid course design at UCLA Anderson and for developing assessment tools to measure the effectiveness of online/hybrid courses and programs. The Manager of Instructional Design will consult with faculty, staff, administrators, and students to determine optimal online/hybrid educational content and formats.
The Manager of Instructional Design will understand the standard features and functions of Learning Management Systems (LMS) and related technologies. He or she should also have experience in the fields of curricular development, instructional design, media production, and learning assessment design and creation. Finally, the incumbent should have the ability to work productively with faculty, graduate students, and staff in a variety of contexts.
Applicants must submit their qualifications via UCLA's Career Opportunities website at https://hr.mycareer.ucla.edu. Reference UCLA REQ. # 26932
The complete listing of qualifications is available on UCLA's official job posting.
- Ability to lead and implement organizational strategic planning.
- Demonstrated experience using a variety of technologies and other resources commonly used in online learning environments.
- Experience using reporting data and other measures to track student progress and outcomes in an online learning environment.
- Experience working with faculty, TAs, administrators, and staff with the objective of introducing and encouraging the adoption of new technologies.
- Knowledge and experience with the basics of media and video production.
- Ability to influence, train and manage people, projects, and programs.
- Highly developed analytical skills and the ability to summarize findings and establish corresponding strategies and action plans.
- Experience in program development and management.
- Demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office, web design, multimedia software, and survey tools.
UCLA offers a comprehensive benefits package, including an average of three weeks' vacation per year; an average of 12 days per year sick leave; 13 paid holidays per year; health, dental and optical benefits; life insurance; disability insurance; the University of California Retirement Plan with 5 year vesting and various voluntary UC Savings Plans. There are also special programs and privileges available, such as accessibility to cultural and recreational programs, athletic events, and the University Credit Union.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy - http://policy.ucop.edu/doc/4000376/NondiscrimAffirmAct