Travel Coordinator/Accounting Assistant
8AM - 5PM
$47,001 - $67,401
The Department of Botany and Plant Sciences at UC Riverside is seeking a Travel Coordinator/ Accounting Assistant to assist with accounting functions for 6 department codes. This position will independently prepare travel vouchers and entertainment reimbursements and ensure adherence to associated policies and procedures. Process recharges on a monthly basis for multiple Sales and Service activities. Process payroll and non-payroll transfers as directed. Act as Petty Cash custodian. Perform all receiving functions. Act as Key Custodian. Responsible for departmental mail and office supplies. Provide "front-office" customer assistance. UCR is the premier research University in Inland Southern California and we are seeking the best to join us. The department administrative staff is committed to service excellence, honesty, integrity and an optimal work environment. Within this exciting environment, rich with growth opportunities, this position will perform duties to include accounting, purchasing, and administrative responsibilities..
Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training.
Knowledge of general accounting principles and fund accounting.
Demonstrated organizational skills, such as accurate record keeping with strict attention to detail and ability to organize tasks, documents, and materials with efficiency and accuracy.
Ability to work independently and prioritize high volume transactions while managing multiple tasks with frequent interruptions in a fast-paced environment.
Demonstrated skill in using computer applications, including Adobe, MS Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Ability to work effectively as an individual or within a team. Using tact and diplomacy, able to maintain a customer service focus within diverse subject areas and groups, including staff, students and academics.
Ability to meet a broad range of client service with accuracy, follow-through, and professionalism.
Knowledge of UC policies and procedures, especially those governing travel and entertainment.
Knowledge of UC online systems, such as iTravel, UCR Financial System (UCRFS), Web Recharge, eBuy, UCRFS Totals, and SuperDOPE.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview