Costume Shop Manager/Designer
Salary: $52,137 - $62,348
Title: Costume Shop Manager/Designer
Category: Management and Professional
Date Posted: 06/21/2018
Position Information: Under the general direction of the Production Manager, the Costume Shop Manager/Designer plans and supervises the general operations of the Costume Shop and the technical aspects of the fabrication and maintenance of costumes, costume props, makeup and hair for the Department of Theatre, Film, and Digital Production.
The Costume Shop Manager is expected to function in a collaborative, fast-paced educational theatre production environment. The position supervises the production of all costume-related items for the department, and designs about 6-10 productions per year. Extensive experience and knowledge of patterning, cutting and costume construction is required.
The position assists in planning productions, advising on staffing and workload; recommends changes to pending projects; trains and supervises student employees and crews to design productions for department; coordinates, assigns and supervises technicians during technical rehearsals and performances; maintains equipment, facilities and supplies of the costume area; performs other related duties as required. Planned overtime can be expected.
Minimum Requirements: -Two years of college with a major in theatre arts and five years of experience related to costume construction, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
-Knowledge and abilities essential for the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position.
Preferred Qualifications: -M.F.A. in Costume Design.
-Professional costume design experience.
-Experience working in a University environment.
Additional Information: In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview