Columbia College seeks an unusually talented Provost with energy, vision, and creativity. We're a fast-paced, vibrant college with plenty to offer the right candidate.
About Columbia College Columbia College is a private, not-for-profit, master's level institution with more than 20,000 students in multiple venues. Founded in 1851, we have a residential campus in Columbia, MO with traditional-age students, lovely brick buildings, and dominant NAIA Division I sports teams.
Yet we also operate nearly 40 extended, adult-serving campuses in 12 states, including Florida, New York, California, Colorado, Texas, and Utah, as well as one of the largest online programs in the country.
We are financially strong, with no long-term debt, an endowment of nearly $175 million, and no deferred maintenance.
About Columbia, MO Columbia, MO, a vibrant city of over 100,000 people, is ranked as one of the very best college towns in America. In addition to two private colleges, Columbia is home to the flagship campus of the University of Missouri. The region boasts a multitude of cultural opportunities with frequent live theater and dance, an active music and art scene, and a strong independent film community. Sports fans enjoy big-time college athletics with SEC member Mizzou (as well as the Columbia College Cougars, perennial powerhouses in the NAIA). Significant others will be glad to learn that the regional economy is one of the strongest in the Midwest; in addition to educational positions, there are many job opportunities in health care, government, insurance, and many other industries. We're just two hours from both St. Louis and Kansas City. Columbia has its own regional airport with daily service to Chicago, DFW and Denver via American Airlines and United Airlines.
About You The successful candidate will probably have earned tenure and will definitely hold a doctorate. Other requirements:
- Significant experience in the traditional academic world and in the adult education arena.
- Substantial teaching experience, some of it online.
- Demonstrated engagement in research or creative endeavors.
- Proven administrative skills, including significant experience in the role of dean or the equivalent.
- A collaborative, insightful, analytical, and energetic style.
- Strong management skills, including the capability of both nurturing and of making tough decisions.
- Ability to reconcile the academic demands of a quality education with the logistical realities of adult education.
- Demonstrated knowledge of educational technology (you needn't be a programmer, but if you need to look up what LMS stands for, this job isn't for you).
- A sense of humor, preferably good.
Compensation An attractive salary and benefits package awaits the successful candidate. Benefits include tuition remission for eligible dependents at Columbia and hundreds of partner institutions, an 8% retirement account contribution, generous paid leave, health and dental insurance coverage, and outstanding, dedicated colleagues.
How to Apply Use the link below to fill out the job application including a letter of interest, full CV, and contact information for 5 references.
Review of applications will begin immediately. Priority consideration for applicants will be performed for applications submitted by August 15, 2018. Applications received after that date may be reviewed, however, the interview process will be scheduled immediately after August 15th for selected applications. We expect to invite finalists to Columbia in Fall 2018, with an anticipated January 2019 start date.
Columbia College is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/5zxy7f8f246vpwmt