Head Coach, Swimming (Men's)
Under the general supervision, the head coach will plan, organize and direct all activities, duties, and responsibilities of his/her respective sport program.
Scope of Assignment
- Prepare for all aspects of the season, including; organize practice schedules and assist in the preparation of the season schedule, budgeting, travel and meals, strength and conditioning, consulting on equipment purchases.
- Promote leadership in all aspects of the program which include the direction of all assistant coaches and other personnel associated with his/her team.
- Promote ethical values of honesty and fair play.
- Participate in professional assignments including committee membership and other related activities. Actively fundraise and support the athletic department functions.
- Attend athletic department meetings.
- Serve as home contest administrator as necessary.
3. Actively participate and support high school visitations; individual contacts with the athlete and his parents; home visits; follow-up correspondence; campus visits by athlete; articulate recruiting activities with interested four-year coaches; communicate with all prospects informing them of registration procedures, admission testing.
- Contact with Four-Year Schools and Professionals
2. Respond to correspondence and questionnaires from four-year schools and professional teams that request information about our student-athletes.
3. Encourage four-year coaches to visit our campus to recruit our student-athletes.
- Public Relations
2. Respond to requests from the media.
- Athlete Personnel Problems
2. Discuss and assist with personal problems of players.
3. In conjunction with the athletic counselor, the head coach will oversee academic performance of student-athletes.
4. Monitor weekly, quarterly, and yearly academic progress of student-athletes.
5. Provide encouragement and support to student-athletes, administer appropriate discipline and, if necessary, dismiss players for misconduct.
2. Prepare trip itinerary for players; complete trip vouchers and forms and return from trips in a timely manner.
- Purchasing Inventories
- Professional Growth
2. Attend local coaching clinics.
3. Keep abreast of current literature in the field.
4. Maintain membership and participate in meetings at the local and state coaches associations.
- Other Duties
2. Ensure that the trainer maintains accurate injury records and attend to injured athletes.
3. Responsible for each student-athlete turning in eligibility forms and records by established deadlines.
4. Assist student-athletes with meeting eligibility requirements.
6. Provide leadership in articulating the athletic program to the Governing Board, administration, community, faculty, and students.
7. Take and pass annual recruiting test.
8. Possess valid California driver license.
9. Drive District vehicles. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications
- Any bachelor's degree or higher and two years of professional experience; or
- Any associate degree and six years of professional experience.
- Master's degree in kinesiology, physical education, exercise science, education with an emphasis in physical education, kinesiology, physiology of exercise or adaptive physical education; or
- Bachelors' degree in any of the above AND master's degree in any life science, dance, physiology, health education recreation administration or physical therapy.
- Experience coaching, preferably at the collegiate level.
Working months: January through May
Chaffey College recently implemented an online electronic application system. Our new application can be accessed at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/chaffey. The application must be completely filled out in detail and clearly show that you meet the qualifications as set forth in the announcement, and you must upload the following documents:
Please do not include any additional documents; only the documents that are indicated below. If you upload documents that are not required, your application may be disqualified. Please do not submit letters of recommendation or documents that contain your photograph.
- Cover Letter
- Copy of college level transcripts (photocopies or computer printouts are acceptable. Copies of diplomas/degrees are NOT acceptable in lieu of transcripts.) Official sealed transcripts will be required upon hire.
This is a seasonal, 5-month, January through May, professional expert position located at the Rancho Cucamonga Campus. Starting salary of Step A, $3,528/month; progresses over time to $4,728/month, plus possible teaching opportunities.