Assistant Professor of Psychology (F690)
Azusa Pacific University is a comprehensive, evangelical, Christian university located 26 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. A leader in the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities, APU is committed to excellence in higher education. Offering over 80 bachelor's, master's and doctoral programs on campus, online, and at seven regional centers across Southern California, APU has been recognized as one of U.S.News & World Report's Best Colleges for seven years running.
Position Title: Assistant Professor of Psychology
Position Tracking Number: F690
School/College: School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences
Location: Murrieta Regional Campus
Description: The Psychology Department at Azusa Pacific University seeks applications for a full-time faculty position in Psychology (applied/clinical) for the Murrieta Regional Campus B.A. Psychology Program.
Specialization: Applied/clinical/developmental Psychology
- Teaching, mentoring, research/scholarship, university community service.
- Prepare and teach course material (syllabi and curriculum) in the general research areas of psychology and specialty courses in psychology.
- Integrate Christian faith and theology in psychology courses.
- Engage in department wide student advising.
- Participate a full and integral member of the department of psychology faculty.
- Other duties, as assigned by the Program Director or Chair.
- May be needed to work at alternative Regional Campuses or Sites.
Level: Assistant Professor
- M.S./M.A. or Ph.D. from regionally accredited program.
- Experience in teaching/advising undergraduate students in general psychology, research methods/statistics and specialty areas.
- Ability to communicate the Christian faith with the discipline.
- Ability to sustain multiple projects to actively participate in department and university life.
- Experience teaching and advising undergraduate students.
- Experience in sustaining multiple projects simultaneously, interacting with colleagues at multiple levels and disciplines.
- Experience in the field of psychology or academia.
Workload: Full time 11-month faculty position to teach classes as assigned, advise student on academic and career plans
Hire Date: Open until filled.
- Ability to integrate Christian values in all aspects.
- Ability to engage in critical thinking and exercise independent judgment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and manage confidential information.
- Ability to collaborate with other faculty and staff and maintain collegial relations.
- Self starter, ability to communicate effectively in written and oral form.
Candidates must align with Azusa Pacific University's Christian identity. Faculty members are expected to sign a Statement of Faith (available at http://www.apu.edu/about/believe), to adhere to the policies outlined in the Faculty Handbook, and to integrate the Christian faith in teaching and scholarship.
Azusa Pacific University is a Christ-centered, multicultural community that values and seeks faculty and staff who are committed to diversity, work effectively with diverse populations, and engage others in ways that honor our rich cultural mosaic and biblical foundation.
Azusa Pacific University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Azusa Pacific University conducts background checks on all final candidates.
To apply, visit http://www.apu.edu/cp/employment/. Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.