American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
- Prepare and maintain documents including internships contracts, exams, correspondence; maintain meeting minutes and other program documents (e.g. student handbooks) as directed.
- Assist program director with administrative tasks as directed.
- Monitor and track expenses; Process and submit invoices for payment.
- Assist in maintaining student lists including active and dismissed/withdrawn students; assign faculty advisors and update registrar and other offices as needed.
- Collect student internship requirements as needed (e.g. verification of flu vaccine, CPR, Certiphi, CORI)
- Order and maintain supplies and arrange for equipment maintenance, including submitting work orders.
- Organize and submit course offerings to program director.
- Work cooperatively with other administrative staff seeking to enhance communication and a team approach to work.
- Answer and screen calls and arrange conference calls.
- Communicate inquiries, issues, and concerns to Dean's office as appropriate to maintain smooth operations of the School of Health Sciences.
- Respond to student inquiries as appropriate and/or direct students to appropriate person/office.
- Other duties as assigned by program director or dean.
- Required Degree(s): Associate's Degree in related field
- Preferred Degree(s): Bachelor's Degree in related field
- Required Field of Expertise: 1-3 years work experience as an administrative assistant
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work collaboratively with other administrative assistants and faculty
- Commitment to student-centered mission of the School and College
This is a full time benefited position, scheduled for 35 hours per week. Business hours are Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm with a one hour unpaid lunch break. The schedule for this position will be flexible to the needs of the department with occasional night and weekend event work required.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.