Nursing Resource Center Simulation Coordinator
The Nursing Resource Center (NRC) Simulation Coordinator (SC) is a staff member who facilitates maximum use and efficiency of the NRC on both the Milton and Plymouth campuses. Primary responsibilities include: management of daily NRC operations, simulation equipment operation and maintenance, faculty support for nursing courses taught in the lab, and student support for all self-directed learning activities. The NRC coordinator must be able to operate and maintain equipment, implement learning activities, and assists debriefing students as needed to meet learning objectives for diverse clinical courses. The NRC coordinator works closely with the Simulation Educator and course instructors to ensure program adherence to the INACSL standards of best practices in simulation. The NRC Coordinator reports to the Dean of the School of Nursing.
NLR Administrative Functions:
- Creates, oversees, revises and enforces policies and procedures, including those related to data security.
- Coordinates NRC space usage for lab classes, simulation, clinical make-up, and open practice.
- Manages and maintains NRC schedule.
- Assists with all self-directed learning experiences, and administration of competency exams.
- Trains and coordinates of personnel and resources including student workers
- Maintains inventory.
- Schedules equipment maintenance and repair.
- Orders of supplies and capital equipment.
- Meets with faculty prior to running new simulation scenarios.
- Sets up, operates, and maintains audiovisual equipment or media.
- Utilizes information technology/systems.
- Programs and operates manikins.
- Coordinates standardized/simulated patients.
- Sets up and breaks down learning spaces.
- Applies mock injuries to simulators (Moulage).
- Assists with debriefing as needed.
- Collects evaluation and utilization data.
- Trouble shoots as needed.
- Orders supplies.
- Processes all check requests, expense reports, and purchase orders, inputs receipts of orders from vendors. Follows up on open purchase orders.
- Monitors budget balance in Banner, and provide updates as requested.
Student Workers Oversight Responsibilities:
- Recruits, interviews, hires and schedules work study students and student workers as needed and approved (e.g. 4 to 6 students).
- Coordinates, prioritizes and assigns tasks to student workers.
- Monitors hours worked and ensure accuracy of hours worked in the College’s electronic time keeping system.
- Measures performance of student workers.
Customer Service Responsibilities:
- Answers inquiries from prospective students and parents.
- Interacts, with current and prospective students, parents, graduates and clinical agency personnel professionally.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing.
- A minimum of 3 years professional clinical experience is required.
- An unencumbered Massachusetts RN licensure.
- Current BLS Certification.
- Work experience with skills or simulation laboratories.
- MSN in Nursing is desired.
- Certification as a simulation operator is preferred.
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Suite skills.
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the College, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at: http://www.curry.edu/about-curry/employment/job-opportunities.html for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.