Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-14-2018
The Technical Analyst works within a team environment to provide analysis, documentation, design, testing and support of the Enterprise Application Team's portfolio of applications. Primary responsibilities include:
- Technical analysis and documentation
- Execution of both manual and automated testing
- First line triage and coordination of development incidents
1. Technically focused Associates' degree from accredited institution or three years hands on work experience with complex software solutions
2. Minimum of two years of experience working as a Technical Analyst, Quality Assurance Analyst, Developer, or Software Support or related position in an IT environment
3. Minimum of one year experience gathering requirements, writing use cases, facilitating meetings, documenting notes, creating deliverables, and establishing healthy business relationships
4. Minimum of one year of experience in software testing including creating test plans, creating test cases, test execution, and documenting defects
5. Minimum of one year of experience collecting technical requirements and designing appropriate process and/or software solutions
6. Minimum of one year work or classroom experience developing in a programming language such as Java, .Net, Python, or comparable
7. Minimum of one year experience with Source Control, Defect Management, and Incident Management Software Tools
8. Strong customer service skills along with a desire for achieving excellence in customer satisfaction, process and product quality and reliability.
9. Strong Problem Solving ability
10. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, ability to conduct internal and external meetings
11. Ability to work independently and in a team environment with good communication and collaboration skills
12. Ability to identify issues and risks to a project early and escalate to management
13. Ability to work with considerable latitude and independence of action.
14. Be able to clearly communicate complex technical concepts verbally and in writing to management, technical staff, and customers in terms appropriate for each audience
15. Ability to analyze large amounts of detailed information, quickly understand complex issues, and break information down into smaller pieces more manageable pieces
16. Understanding of relational database concepts, queries (SQL), and ability to use 1 or more common query/reporting tools (SQL Developer, TOAD, Cognos, SSRS, Crystal Reports)
17. Ability to leverage Microsoft Visio, and Excel
18. Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
19. Must have strong organizational skills
20. Must possess and demonstrate excellent analytical and critical thinking skills to assess situations, troubleshoot, and make recommendations from both strategic and tactical perspectives
21. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Bachelor's Degree or Advanced Degree in IT or related field from accredited institution
2. Strong project, analysis, and research skills
3. Experience using automated, performance, and load testing tools.
4. Experience in higher education administrative systems
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.