Business and Finance - INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER
Vacancy ID S2301 Job Title INFORMATION SYSTEMS MANAGER Department Business and Finance School/Parent Organization Finance and Administration Parent Org Division Finance and Administration Division Employment Category Fulltime-Regular Anticipated start date 07/23/2018 If temporary, expected end date Hours per week 37.5 Weeks Per Year 52.2 Normal Start Time 8:30 AM Normal End Time 5:00 PM Position/Job Summary
Manage the on-going activities associated with the College's Financial Information System, Parnassus (Oracle). Proactively lead the effort to continually evaluate new and improved functionality, and implement best practices and improved business processes. Coach, instruct, and train users on how to best use the software/systems. Serve as liaison between IT and administrative and academic departments. Utilize relational databases, SQL and ODS structures, as well as report writing tools.
1. Manage all aspects of the Financial Information System, Parnassus (Oracle), to include developing, documenting and implementing systems policies, procedures and standards; provide technical assistance to system users and serve as liaison with the Office of Information Technology in the coordination of system modifications, updates and improvements.
2. Utilize various report writer/data retrieval tools such as OBIEE and/or other Oracle applications supported by the College to extract data from central databases; design and develop programs for systematic retrieval of data; produce general and specialized financial statements; prepare various statements and reports. Participate in the evaluation of new reporting tools.
3. Maintain, develop, and monitor the Financial Information System, Parnassus (Oracle), internal controls. Identify and correct errors in all aspects of transaction processing and in the accounting for such transactions. Assume primary role in the resolution of system problems; provide training sessions and technical assistance to office staff and other users of the system.
4. Oversee the development and maintenance of the Financial Information System processing schedule and production of the yearly operations calendar; ensure proper distribution to system users.
5. Develop, demonstrate, and promote multicultural awareness and contribute to cultivating an inclusive, diverse and respectful College community. Demonstrate a commitment to diversity and inclusion as a college priority, communicate to employees an expectation of behavior that is civil and inclusive when interacting with all staff, faculty, students and visitors and promote a flexible, collaborative and inclusive work and living environment.
6. Recommend and implement procedures to enhance the Business & Finance systems workflow; provide training and assistance to staff and ensure optimal system utilization.
7. Prepare modifications, enhancements and replacement proposals for the Financial Information System and assume leadership role in related projects.
8. Oversee and participate in the development, maintenance, and modification of the Web pages and other web applications for Business & Finance; provide technical assistance to other departments reporting to the Business & Finance Office to include assessment of technological needs, software purchases and hardware upgrades. Assist in the design, testing and implementation of computerized systems and functions used within the Business & Finance Offices.
9. Serve as liaison with the Office of Human Resources with regard to the HR/Payroll Information System, Oracle. Develop an understanding of the database; recommend changes/additions to database elements/fields used to store and/or transfer financial or budget information.
10. Provide assistance to the Controller with special projects, audits and reports.
11. Stay current on industry trends, software updates, and release notes to assist with and guide implementation decisions and ensure systems are up to date.
12. Develop and facilitate testing procedures to ensure system stability with new patches or version releases.
13. Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the College's reporting tools, SQL, Microsoft Word and Excel to produce ongoing and ad hoc reports and data files.
14. Develop and maintain an in-depth knowledge of the financial information system, ODS, and software programs used throughout Business & Finance; develop and maintain documentation of systems, policies, procedures, and standards.
15. Identify ways to automate current processes; Initiate and implement procedures to enhance systems workflow.
Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 5 years directly related experience; demonstrated knowledge and understanding of relational databases, in-depth knowledge of and proven ability to utilize data retrieval tools such as OBIEE; previous supervisory experience and ability to cultivate an inclusive, diverse and welcoming environment; ability to treat all people equitably and with a sensitivity and awareness to cultural difference; demonstrated ability to hold others accountable for behavior that is supportive of a community that is diverse and inclusive; strong organizational, analytical, written and verbal communications skills are required. Experience working with a financial accounting management system with strong knowledge of Oracle financial applications is preferred.
Ithaca College is committed to building a diverse academic community and encourages members of underrepresented groups to apply. Experience that contributes to the diversity of the college is appreciated.
Instructions for submitting your application:
Interested applicants must apply online at http://ithaca.edu/jobs/ and attach a resume and cover letter. Questions about online application should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at (607) 274-8000. Screening of applications will begin immediately.
Work authorization (select one): Visa sponsorship is not provided for this position Department description College Description
At Ithaca College, a comprehensive residential campus community of 6,500 students, we strive to be at the forefront of the higher education landscape. We offer a distinct integrative learning experience that makes students ready for the personal, professional, and global challenges of our age.
We seek candidates who embrace integrative learning and want to be a part of this exciting time in Ithaca College history. We encourage creative collaboration and innovation in our faculty and staff, providing support and resources for them to grow in their fields and lead students to their own innovative ideas and achievements.
We welcome different ways of thinking and look for candidates with unique points of view and life experiences. We are inclusive of individuals with a wide range of cultural, personal, and professional backgrounds, talents, and skills. Our campus is a vibrant and rewarding community where diverse minds can learn, succeed, and excel.
When reviewing candidates, we are looking for indicators of a number of core competencies. Prospective candidates must be adaptable, collaborative, inclusive, respectful, responsive, results driven, and sustainable. They must communicate effectively, demonstrate leadership, exhibit professional integrity and ethics, take initiative, value personal and professional development, and show that they will engage in the college.
Nestled in the heart of New York State's scenic Finger Lakes region, Ithaca College sits atop South Hill overlooking picturesque Cayuga Lake and is just minutes away from the city center. Combining small town warmth and charm with the vibrancy of a college community, the thriving and culturally diverse city of Ithaca has been rated by Kiplinger's as one of the top 10 places to live in the United States.
To learn more about Ithaca College, visit us at http://ithaca.edu
Market Hiring Range $70,000 to $75,000 FLSA Status Exempt Is this position eligible for benefits? Yes
Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
- Reference List
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).