Instructional Assistant Professor - Construction Management
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 06-14-2018
The Technology Department is seeking an instructional assistant professor to teach courses in Construction Management starting August 16, 2018. This is a nine-month (August 16th ? May 15th) non-tenure track position. Primary teaching assignments include hands-on courses in one or more of the following areas: mechanical and electrical systems in buildings, field engineering (surveying), construction project management, residential development, and sustainable buildings. The chosen candidate will be expected to advise students in the Construction Management Student Association, advise students at regional and/or national competitions, participate in program curriculum development initiatives, participate in departmental meetings, activities, and events, and perform miscellaneous lab maintenance and improvement activities.
This position is represented by the Illinois State University Education Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. Earned Master's degree in Industrial Technology, Construction Management, Engineering, or related area.
2. Ability to teach courses in mechanical and electrical systems and field engineering.
3. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
4. If this position is Security S3ensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University possibly, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Academic preparation and work experience in construction management, mechanical and electrical systems, and field engineering.
2. Additional experience in one of the following areas is desirable: project management, residential development, sustainability, soils and foundations, or construction equipment management.
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.