Exercise Science FT Faculty
Montgomery College is Maryland's premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success. We give employees the environment, tools, and opportunities they need to make a difference.
Exercise Science FT Faculty
Job Description Summary
Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, has need for Exercise Science Full-time Faculty #F02393, in the Health Enhancement, Exercise Science and Physical Education Department beginning Fall 2018. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
Montgomery College is a public, fully accredited, open admission institution. Led by President DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D., Montgomery College is dedicated to student success and widely recognized for the quality and scope of its academic programs. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? The faculty and staff of MC are integral to our continued excellence. We are looking for dedicated professionals for opportunities throughout the College.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Faculty member is expected to teach a variety of courses offered by the Health Enhancement, Exercise Science and Physical Education Department in several of the following content areas including, but not limited to:
- Exercise Science Major's courses
- PE Activity Classes
- Personalized Health Fitness
- Nutrition for Fitness and Wellness
- Faculty member will be expected to teach 30 semester hours per academic year, and the teaching schedule may include morning, evening, weekend, off-campus and on-line courses. Opportunities may exist for teaching summer classes.
- Faculty member will be expected to serve on department, campus, and college committees, advise students, maintain an active program of professional development, and participate in professional organizations and activities.
- Faculty member will be expected to participate and take a leadership role in discipline related activities such as program evaluation and curriculum design.
- Faculty member will be responsible for organizing department events for all majors.
This position is part of a collective bargaining unit and requires payment of dues or a service fee.
- Master's degree in Kinesiology, Exercise Science or a related field
- Graduate coursework must include courses that reflect depth and breadth in fitness assessment, program planning and evaluation
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) Certified Personal Trainer or Certified Exercise Physiologist certification
- National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist or National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) Performance Enhancement Specialist certification
- Current CPR certification
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience teaching exercise science, or health fitness courses in an academic setting
- 4 years of related work experience in the fitness industry
- Experience designing, implementing and evaluating exercise programs as a personal trainer and/or a strength and conditioning coach
- Eligible applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States and not require employer visa sponsorship
- ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist certification
- Experience working in a variety of fitness settings with multiple populations
- Demonstrate leadership roles in previous professional positions
- Knowledge and experience with online course management software
- Apply online at http://www.montgomerycollege.edu/employment
- Online applications must be received by June 28, 2018
- Attach a resume and include dates of employment in your application;
- Prior to being selected for an interview, you may be required to submit unofficial transcripts.
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check.
- Participation in a retirement plan.
Our benefits package includes: generous paid vacation, sick, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision, group legal benefits, professional development, retirement plan, educational assistance, tuition waiver for employee and dependents, wellness programming including onsite gyms, pools and classes.
Thursday, June 28, 2018
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353
or send an email to: email@example.com
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
About UsI am proud of the work of Montgomery College. It is a remarkable organization, focused on student excellence, equity, and inclusion. We are intentionally building a college that takes responsibility for equitable outcomes and successful pathways for all of our students.
I am committed to hiring faculty, staff, and employees who embrace this vision-and who reflect the diversity of our college community. Our students come to us from more than 160 countries, joining a student body that reflects a changing America, rich in cultural and geographic difference. We are proud of our diversity and our excellence in academic affairs, student affairs, operations, and community advancement.
I am looking for bold, innovative, and courageous faculty and staff to join the outstanding employees of Montgomery College. Are you uncompromising in your focus on student success? Are you rigorous in your attention to equitable outcomes for all students? Do you embrace data, technology, and innovation? Can you stretch to meet the needs of today's and tomorrow's students?
We are truly a unique college. For 70 years, Montgomery College has been on the leading edge, and we intend to stay there. We believe deeply in the mission of community colleges, and we are committed to empowering our students to change their lives and to enrich the life of the community. We hold ourselves accountable for the results.
If any of this resonates with you, I welcome your consideration of the employment announcement below. Make your move-and I look forward to working with you at Montgomery College.
DeRionne P. Pollard, Ph.D.
President, Montgomery College
MD - Montgomery County