Material Management Technician
About Baltimore City Community College
Founded in 1947, Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) is a comprehensive, urban institution accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education. The College's campus is located in West Baltimore; the institution also has several satellite locations throughout the city. With its broad range of degree and certificate programs, affordable tuition, and extensive outreach, BCCC offers educational opportunities to the citizens of Baltimore City and throughout the state of Maryland. BCCC serves more than 15,000* students annually, providing credits that transfer to four-year colleges and universities as well as workforce training leading directly to job placement. The College is proud of the fact that 100** nations are represented within the student body.
* Based on annual unduplicated credit and non-credit headcount for FY 2016. **Based on fall 2015 credit enrollment.
Requisition Number: 2017-124
Posting Start Date: 12/6/2017
Minimum Education: High School/GED
Additional Documentation: Transcripts May Be Submitted
Material Management Technician
Overview of position: Summary of position's responsibilities
This position performs duties related to receiving and shipping merchandise. Verifies merchandise and organizes its distribution office. In this position your responsibility involves, but not limited to loading, storing, distributing, and supplies from Central Receiving to the various locations in Baltimore where BCCC has offices.
A Material Management Tech is responsible for:
- Receive & Unpacking all merchandise. Check, sign delivery slips and assist with unloading as necessary. Verifying the quantity and quality of items against supporting documents.
- Organization of shipping and receiving merchandise, handling of pick up and drops off and proper documentation.
- Maintaining files and supporting forms and documents associated with products.
- Inventory status.
- Security of all merchandise
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Able to operate Pallet Jack, Forklift
- Valid driver license
- Some college coursework preferred
- (2+) years' experience institutional or commercial setting
- Ability to lift 85 pounds
- Ability to use snow removal equipment
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410.209.6055 or [email protected]
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.