Asset Information Manager - Facilities Services-18001055
Asset Information Manager - Facilities Services-18001055
Cover letter with application/resume is preferred.
The Operations Division serves the four Tufts University campuses: the main Medford/Somerville campus, the Boston Health & Sciences campus, the School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts and the Grafton veterinary campus together encompassing 170 buildings and 5.1million gross square feet. A broad range of services are provided to support the university campuses including: facilities services, capital program management, campus planning and renewal, grounds and custodial services, campus engineering and energy management, event services, residential facilities maintenance and public and environmental health and safety. Together, these functions within the operations division are responsible for the efficient, cost effective and safe operations of our campus as well as the maintenance and management of our university assets to support our research and educational mission, vision and values.
The Asset Information Manager / Lead Commissioning Engineer (the Manager) is a strategic cross functional role responsible for the overall management of project data and information models for use in Tufts University planning, engineering, construction, operations, and maintenance management programs. This role will be responsible for creating and upholding Tufts University design guidelines, construction standards, and maintenance standards to continuously improve and enhance the asset information management program.
The Manager creates and upholds Tufts University design guidelines, construction standards, and maintenance standards to continuously improve and enhance the university’s newly implemented asset-based management program. The Asset Information Manager is responsible for overseeing a program that ensures that an accurate inventory and condition of all assets is maintained, and that a digital representation of all assets is compiled, across the Tufts University portfolio. IBM Maximo and other tools will be used to provide Tufts University clients with asset information by location, discipline, and other type of custom reports.
The Manager ensures that all programmatically relevant mechanical, electrical and plumbing installations are tested, commissioned and appropriately documented concurrent with ongoing capital programs and in accordance with university standards. The Manager will oversee commissioning agents and /or contractors in addition to interacting directly as needed to ensure that all asset maintenance, safety and condition data is collected and documented in a manner that streamlines its use with university CMMS systems and processes prior to turn-over to the Facilities Team for ongoing operations. The Manager will also be a key player in instigating programs and processes to gather comparable data for existing building systems and assets as defined, by implementing programs that leverage ongoing contact with such assets by both facilities and outsourced personnel who are routinely assigned to the day to day maintenance of such systems.
- Associates Degree in Construction Management, Building Science, Engineering, Architecture, Computer Science, Data Analytics or related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of construction field operations, project management, project engineering, project scheduling and/or preconstruction experience or a minimum of 2 years in a Virtual Design and Construction role.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following software applications like Siemens, Honeywell, Johnson Controls, or others BAS Systems.
- Must possess a practical understanding of building information modeling (BIM) and how it is applied in design, construction coordination, and the construction turnover process. Ability to execute independent judgement.
- Experience with extracting and organizing asset information from submittals and other types of construction documents into Microsoft Excel or Autodesk’s BIM 360 asset/equipment module will receive particular attention.
- Experience with CMMS/CAFM/IWMS software like IBM Maximo, ARCHIBUS, AssetWorks AiM, Accruent FAMIS, TMA Systems’ webTMA, Corrigo, or similar.
- Experience with some of all the following construction related document and work flow management software: Procore, Newforma, BIM360, Prolog, PMweb, E-Builder.
- Experience with laser scanning and use of point clouds in Revit and Navisworks.
- Understanding of general construction techniques and systems.
- Able to read and understand contract documents and drawings.
- Understanding of construction documentation procedures and work flow is a plus.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong PC skills, Microsoft Office applications.
- An understanding of modern preventative/predictive maintenance and asset management principles and practices.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels of management.
- Excellent organizational, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Ability to work under pressure and juggle multiple tasks and priorities.
- Capable of understanding, developing, updating and training others on departmental processes, procedures and protocols.
- It is a baseline tenet for all employees within the Operations Division to Support, engage and enliven discussion, solutions and behaviors that promote university investment in environmentally sustainable yet economically defensible models that balance our stature as a prominent environmental steward with our need to deliver preeminent, cost effective education.
- Software compentencies in any of the following is preferred but not required: AutoCad, Revit, Navisworks, Bently, or Solibri. CAD or BIM experience a plus.
- Experience working with database applications is a plus, further knowledge of programming languages (C++, VBA, LISP, Matlab, Python) is also a plus but not required.
Special Work Schedule Requirements:
Required to be on site during emergency situations related to weather and/or man made such as power outages and scheduled utility shut downs.
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Medford/Somerville
Organization: Facilities Services - Medford
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: Jan 25, 2018, 4:45:55 PMBasic Requirements: Associates Degree in Construction Management, Building Science, Engineering, Architecture, Computer Science, Data Analytics or related field. A minimum of 2 years of construction field operations, project management, proj