Trainer, Office of the Registrar
The Trainer for the Office of the Registrar (OTR) Group is responsible for the continuous training of employees based on the organization and individual needs. The Trainer-OTR will conduct new staff orientation to the Office of the Registrar department and individual job specific training, perform bi-weekly departmental in-service training, and review/evaluate the effectiveness of said trainings. The Trainer-OTR will also be responsible for the creation, revision, and maintenance of appropriate training materials to ensure that procedures are documented and communicated. The Trainer for the Office of the Registrar Group will work closely with the department managers, team leads, and quality assurance auditors as well as other Academic staff.
• Develop and maintain an on-going training plans for new and existing departmental staff.
• Conduct trainings to orient new hires to the Office of the Registrar
• Contribute to the development of functional and organizational content practices, and objectives to achieve goals in creative and effective ways.
• Conduct new hire individual job specific trainings
• Provide and conduct specific training(s) with the Student Records and Transcript Evaluation group and/or individuals as needed
• Create, edit, distribute and maintain training documents
• Maintain library of training materials and archive as necessary
• Perform bi-weekly departmental in-service education
• Complete needs assessment that determines what types of trainings should be provided to staff
• Track participation in trainings
• Analyze skills and knowledge needed for process changes implemented
• Responsible for customer service quality improvement
• Ensure best practices are followed
• Attend weekly or bi-weekly Student Records and Transcript Evaluation department team meetings
• Suggest and advise upon corrective actions/policies as identified
• Provide monthly quantitative and qualitative reports regarding the training results
• Experience and knowledge of online learning technologies and pedagogies.
• Understanding and appreciation of competency-based education model
• Must demonstrate technological competency: email, calendar, word processing, and other software and applications used to develop and deliver training products.
• Extraordinary customer service and communication skills
• Strong interpersonal and written communication skills, with ability to present information clearly, concisely, and accurately; friendly, persuasive speaking and writing style.
• Collaboration skills; able to listen and consider the ideas of others and demonstrate teamwork in choosing the best training solution for staff and/or faculty.
• Experienced in individual and group trainings milieu
• Excellent communication skills including verbal, writing, and presentation skills. Tactfulness and discrestion are required in communications as the subject matter often involves sensitive material
• Exhibits integrity, ethics, self-leadership and professionalism
• Action oriented / Problem solving skills
• Experienced in quantitative and qualitative analysis
• Creative mindset for recommending new initiatives
• Detail oriented and ability to manage and track multiple projects at different stages.
• Experience with MS Office Suite
• Familiarity with CRM software
• High School/Equivalent
• Extensive experience in student records and transcript evaluation in an academic setting
• Two (2) years experience in training/quality management preferably in an academic setting
• Three (3) years customer service experience
• Two (2) years of SCT Banner software experience
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States