The Director, Athletics Compliance will be responsible for coordinating all aspects of compliance with Financial Aid, Time Demands and other bylaws as assigned. Additionally, they will serve as custodian of Compliance Assistant Software (CA) and PeopleSoft (CaneLink) and coordinates each sports time management plan (TeamWorks).
1. Administer athletic scholarship offers to enable financial registration for all student-athletes in compliance with NCAA legislation. Daily interaction with the Office of Financial Assistance Services (OFAS) and the Office of Student Account Services (OSAS).
2. Ensures compliance with NCAA, ACC, and University of Miami rules and regulations regarding terms and conditions of aid; maximum limitations per sport, student-athlete’s eligibility for aid.
3. Oversee the execution of all athletic scholarships being input into CaneLink by the OFAS and manages and oversees implementation of the bridge program between CaneLink and Compliance Assistant (CA).
4. Athletic department liaison with Office of Financial Assistance Services, Student Accounts Services, Dining Services.
5. Review monthly athletic stipend report to ensure proper stipend amounts are being provided to all student-athletes by OSAS
6. Provides advisory assistance and support to campus offices that participate in the certification and awarding of financial aid.
7. Creating athletic scholarship spreadsheet for following academic year during renewal/nonrenewal period in April for each coaching staff.
8. Work with Office of Financial Assistance Services (OFAS) to ensure all non-renewal/reduction letters are provided to student-athletes by July 1.
9. Review and approve all outside scholarships/aid for student-athletes in conjunction with OFAS.
10. Directs distribution and collection of National Letters of Intent and UM Financial Aid Agreements in compliance with all NCAA, ACC, and University of Miami rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
11. Coordinate book process with Academics.
12. Coordinate per diem for all student-athletes during vacation periods.
13. Coordinate with coaches and dining services to confirm student-athlete meal plan choices.
14. Responsible for Student Assistance Fund process and reporting total numbers to the ACC at the end of each academic year.
15. Coordinates each sports time management plan for upcoming academic year using the Teamworks software.
16. Assist with the preparation and updating of NCAA squad lists.
17. Provides legislative interpretive support, as needed.
18. Some travel required.
19. Maintain compliance with NCAA, ACC, institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
20. Assist with game day operations in Football, Men’s Basketball and Women’s Basketball.
21. Perform additional duties and special projects as directed by the Sr. Associate Athletic Director for Compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree plus three years of experience in Division I NCAA Compliance, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.
- Experience working efficiently with student-athletes, coaches, and staff regarding compliance issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
- Ability and desire to perform accurate detail-oriented work, manage multiple tasks simultaneously, and maintain confidentiality and a professional demeanor.
- Ability to understand, comply with, and enforce NCAA, ACC, and University of Miami rules, and regulations.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, as needed.
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>