The Department of Theatre Arts is seeking applicants for a carpenter position starting August 15, 2018. We seek candidates with expertise as a carpenter.
The position description as follows:
65% Construction, installation and removal of Ring Theatre production elements and support of other Department of Theatre Arts productions; 20% Theatre, shop equipment, and storage facilities maintenance; 15% Student supervision and training.
1. Builds, installs and strikes scenery for Department of Theatre Arts productions and events as instructed by Technical Director.
2. Performs maintenance tasks on Theatre Arts facilities and equipment as specified by the Technical Director.
3. Complies with all Policies and Procedures of the University of Miami. Adheres to all safety and environmental regulations.
4. Collaborates with and assists in the training of Jerry Herman Ring Theatre student employees.
5. Requests training as needed in the areas of responsibility.
6. Keeps to schedule and aids in the development of efficient planning.
7. Assures safety of materials and tools supplied.
8. Plans, lays out, and performs work and special projects.
9. Reads and works from drawings, prints, sketches, and diagrams.
10. Areas in which skilled work may be required include but are not limited to: wood construction, steel construction, scenic painting, theatrical rigging, theatrical lighting, live sound reinforcement, foam carving.
• High School Diploma.
• Two years of relevant work experience.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Contact Paul McCarthy at email@example.com with any questions.
Apply online at: www.miami.edu/careers
Position #: P00009368
The University of Miami is home to some of the brightest minds in the world. We are committed to educating and nurturing students, creating knowledge, and providing service to our community and beyond. The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental benefits, tuition remission, vacation, paid holidays and much more. The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Come join us!]]>