Who We Are:
National Louis is a 130+ year old university that has been grounded in the values of innovation, access, and excellence from its inception. As an institution we believe in providing access to educational opportunity and that education is our greatest lever for social and economic mobility. We are a student focused community that is committed to continuous improvement and asks how do we become more "student ready" so that we may better serve our students. We believe that through education we are able to empower change and build healthy communities. Our community works hard in the service of students and supports one another like a family.
What We Offer:
At National Louis University we offer our employees an innovative environment to work together and inspire the ideas that will make an impact. As our external environment changes, our employees are provided the opportunities and tools needed to grow both personally and professionally to remain successful. NLU employees and dependents are offered a wide range of benefits, including but not limited to, Health Insurance benefits, Retirement benefits, Paid Time Off and Educational Benefits.
What You Will Do:
· Work with team to support creation, development, and execution of NLU's new approach to online - NLU Online (tentative name).
· Provide instructional design guidance and expert voice around instructional design for the NLU Online efforts.
· May need to provide instructional design support to faculty Subject Matter Experts (SMEs)
Instructional Design/Academic Technology
· Provide guidance for Instructional Design Services, assists the Director of Online Operations with the selection of instructional development teams, ensuring the continued creation of pedagogically sound online courses, and overseeing the development of on-line training for all new faculty;
· Provide supervision for the instructional design team and guidance on the university's approach to online and blended
· Manage the day-to-day operations of the instructional design team
· Examine new and emerging learning technologies, determine if they will support the vision and mission of the institution
· Support the Director of the OTL as needed to ensure she has necessary access to D2L shells, create content for professional development efforts, and support the office with media content and creation.
· Provide the instructional design and technical support to faculty through the training efforts of OTL. Provide workshops and training sessions in conjunction with OTL.
· Work on strategy around blended learning, including the creation and formation of community around this effort.
· Support research efforts of OTL.
· Works within the CIO and governing structure to help establish policies, standards, and performance benchmarks to measure the success of the programming and financial performance to the business plan.
· Help the grants team with writing and contributing to new grants.
· Other duties as assigned.
Reports to the Director of Online Operations.
· Thorough knowledge on instructional design principles
· Experience with needs analysis, curriculum and instruction, course development, and evaluation
· Project management
· Master's Degree
· 5+ Years of related experience