(Non-Unit) Executive Assistant - President's Office
Holyoke Community College: the opportunities you want; the future you're looking for. For over 65 years, Holyoke Community College has been a gateway to quality education and career advancement. Seeking to realize their dreams and aspirations, more than 100,000 students have come through the open doors of the College. HCC offers over 100 different academic options. The Commonwealth's oldest community college, Holyoke Community College serves more than 12,500 students annually in credit and noncredit programs and courses. The college has the highest transfer rate of any community college statewide, holding articulation agreements with more than 27 colleges and universities. Recognized for its Honors Program, distance learning curriculum, learning communities, and service to students, HCC also offers business development opportunities through the Kittredge Center for Business and Workforce Development.
Under the general directions of the President of the College, manages the Office of the President and serves as the Administrative Assistant to the President. The Executive Assistant also serves as Secretary to the Board of Trustees. The Executive Assistant works independently with minimal supervision and navigates an environment of multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities. The position is responsible for managing the President's calendar and schedule, drafting, proofreading, and editing documents, formatting presentations, and coordinating conference attendance, speaking engagements, and committee work. This position reports to the Chief of Staff.
- Proactively manages and prioritizes the administrative support operations of the President's Office related to managing information flow, project oversight, research, communication, scheduling, and travel.
- Provides major administrative support and advises the president of campus issues and concerns.
- Acts as of liaison between the Office of the President and other Departments.
- Manages the timely flow of information and materials to/from the President's Office at all times.
- Reviews issues and areas of concerns that may be handled without the president's involvement and directs faculty, staff and student concerns to the appropriate President's staff member for quick resolution and action.
- Identifies issues and documents advanced to the President's Office that lack proper input, are incomplete or inaccurate; seeks necessary amendments prior to advancement to the president.
- Responds timely to all complaints, defusing issues and advancing them to the appropriate personnel for closer evaluation and handling.
- Coordinates commitments ranging from the routine to high-level meetings with complicated logistics.
- Takes the initiative to draft agendas and correspondence as needed.
- Assesses, anticipates, analyzes and researches issues on behalf of the president and delegates as appropriate.
- Prepares the president for daily commitments.
- Manages the president's commitments and buffers issues and interruptions with discretion.
- Oversees compliance with annual reporting requirements affecting the president.
- Recognizes opportunities to communicate the president's vision, fosters relationships and personalized communications and interactions with internal and external constituencies.
- Serves as Recording Secretary of the Board of Trustees, providing minutes of meetings and carrying out general administrative functions.
- Responsible for President's Office budget that consists of both general fund and private dollars.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Associate's degree plus five years administrative experience in a related position supporting an executive, or teams of executives and with ample experience managing confidential matters; Ability to develop effective work systems and procedures; Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills along with strong organizational skills; Demonstrated experience exercising judgment, project planning and goal accomplishment; Wide degree of professional maturity and discretion expected; Ability to create a welcoming environment for the President's office; Ability to deal with constantly changing demands, frequent interruptions, and scheduling changes while remaining organized and seeing projects through to completion; Ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, student body, alumni and community.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree; Experience working in a college environment; Proficiency with report writing and data analysis; Experience working in a unionized environment.
SALARY RANGE: $61,179-$67,547/year, plus a comprehensive State benefits package
HOURS: 37.5 hrs./week
FUNDING SOURCE: Trust
EQUIVALENCY STATEMENT: Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements are encouraged to put in writing precisely how their background and experience have prepared them for the responsibilities of this position.
Holyoke Community College is committed to excellence and opportunity through diversity in education and employment. Holyoke Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, and national origin, in its education programs or employment.
- All candidates must have legal authorization to work in the United States. HCC is not sponsoring H1B Visa.
- Pre-Employment Background check, including Criminal History will be conducted for all positions.
Applicants interested in applying MUST submit the following documents via online:
- Letter of Interest (Cover Letter) - When preparing your cover letter, please refer to the minimum and preferred qualifications as pertaining to this position and, if applicable, include an equivalency statement.
- List of references with names, email addresses, & telephone numbers of three professional references
DEADLINE: July 13, 2018. Additional applications may be considered until position is filled.
Returning applicants - https://hcc.interviewexchange.com/login.jsp to check completed application.