Temporary Athletics Business Manager
The College New Jersey is seeking applications for the positon of a Temporary Athletics Business Manager. This is a full time, temporary, 6 month position that resides within the Athletics portfolio and will be reporting directly to the Executive Athletic Director.
Under the direction of the Executive Director of Athletics, the temporary Athletics Business Manager will be responsible for all aspects of the financial affairs of the department. Other responsibilities include, preparing, suggesting, monitoring and evaluating all procedures, rules, and regulations related to the expenditure of the funds for varsity sports, facilities and other programs under the control of the department. In conjunction with the Executive Athletic Director, the candidate will provide direction and support to the fundraising efforts for the coaches, monitor concession and other deposits, create forms for accounting of all funds from various sources, etc. Assists in processing memberships, operations of special events, and supervising support staff.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Follows policies and procedures to monitor, assess, and supervise expenditures and evaluate spending for all areas of the department.
- Follows policies and procedures to submit spending request in consultation with the Executive Athletic Director.
- Establishes and maintains accurate records, monitors budget status through the fiscal year, and prepare monthly reports
- Monitors and manages all team fundraising accounts and monitors foundation accounts.
- Approves and reconciles all P-Card transactions
- Administers procedures and controls for use of department credit cards by head coaches and administrators
- Monitors and reconciles department credit cards
- Performs monthly journal entries within the general ledger
- Performs periodic internal audit procedures
- Coordinates all varsity team travel
- Bachelor's Degree and a minimum three (3) years of experience in higher education or similar business management
- Strong communication and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of Excel, Word, and Microsoft business suite
- Strong attention to detail and responsiveness
- Ability to keep up in a quick-pace environment, prioritize tasks, and balance competing interests
- Prior experience working within an Athletics Department
- Business management skills preferred
- MBA or CPA a plus
This position is a temporary positions and is not benefits elgible.
Final offer of employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation.
To enrich education through diversity, The College of New Jersey is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The College has a strong commitment to achieving diversity among faculty and staff, and strongly encourages women and members of underrepresented groups to apply