Project Manager, IT- 603552
The Strategic Planning, Implementation and Education Services Department is seeking to hire a qualified individual in the position of IT Project Manager. This position will be responsible for directly managing information technology projects within the Information Technology Services (ITS) area of responsibility. The IT Project Manager is responsible for contributing to the success of the IT Project Management Office (PMO) through the execution and continual improvement of project management practices at Northern Arizona University.
TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- Act as project manager on assigned projects, providing a single point of contact to project team and stakeholders.
- Assist business owners to align project proposals with their strategic program goals.
- Assist business and IT owners with project WBS, resource plans, and high-level requirements analysis.
- Provide consultation or support services for other projects to promote the use of project management best practices throughout the University.
- Effectively execute interactions between all project management process groups and intersecting knowledge areas.
- Request vendor quotes, manage vendor tasks, and review vendor deliverables with stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project information with both the project team and the project stakeholders.
- Educates other staff in project management best practice through the delivery of information technology professional development programs.
- Provides feedback to leadership for continual improvement of project management practices and professional development programs.
- Oversee the collection of detailed requirements and analysis of business processes and system analysis.
- Participate on related campus committees and support groups that advance the goals of the PMO.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study.
- A minimum of 2 years demonstrated experience explicitly acting as a project manager on information technology projects.
- Professional certification in project management from an established authority such as the Project Management Institute (PMI).
- A minimum of 4 years of demonstrated experience explicitly acting as a project manager on information technology projects in higher education.
- Performed project management duties on at least one project in one of the following areas: ERP, CRM, CMS, or LMS.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge in project management tools and methodology is required.
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate meetings and effectively communicate with a broad range of stakeholders and project team members is required.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally and ethically address team conflict that may occur on a project is required.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage project issues and risks is required.
- Proficient knowledge of interrelations between higher education administrative and academic processes is strongly preferred.
- Experience in one or more functional academic areas (Registrar, Financial Aid, Enrollment, Grants and Awards, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to perform quality assurance and perform quality control is strongly preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of the operation and functional structure of Oracle PeopleSoft ERP is preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of the operation and functional structure of Salesforce CRM is preferred.
- Experience managing projects across IT Network, Infrastructure and Cloud is preferred.
- Experience managing projects with web portals and community web sites.
- Proficiency in executing AGILE methodology on projects is preferred.
- Experience with collaborative tools such as Microsoft SharePoint is preferred.
- Knowledge of, experience with, and commitment to working in a culturally diverse environment with people from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
This position has been identified as a safety/security sensitive position. Therefore, per AZ Revised Statute, Northern Arizona University requires satisfactory results for the following: a criminal background investigation, employment history investigation, degree verification (in some cases) and fingerprinting.
Additionally, as an employer in the state of Arizona, NAU is required to participate in the federal E-Verify program that assists employers with verifying new employees' right to work in the United States.
Finally, each year the Northern Arizona University Police Department releases an annual security report. The report is a result of the federal law known as the Clery Act and contains policy statements that address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security including policies for responding to emergency situations and sexual offenses. The report contains three years of data for Clery reportable crime statistics for the campus along with the most current year’s Fire Safety Report, which includes policy statements and fire statistics for Flagstaff on-campus student housing.
The report may be viewed at nau.edu/clery or by visiting the NAUPD website at: http://www.nau.edu/police. A printed copy of the report is available upon request by contacting the NAU Police Department, Records Department at (928)523-8884 or by visiting the department at Building 98A on the NAU Mountain Campus.
Commensurate with experience.
**The starting salary will be determined by the qualifications of the selected applicant balanced with departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information.
This position is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and therefore will not earn overtime or compensatory time for additional time worked.
This is a Service Professional (SPF) position. NAU offers an excellent benefit package including generous health, dental and vision insurance; participation in the Arizona State Retirement System or the Optional Retirement Program; 22 days of vacation and 10 holidays per year; and tuition reduction for employees and qualified dependents. More information on benefits at NAU is available at https://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Benefits/Eligibility-Enrollment/
NAU is a tobacco and smoke-free campus.
Service Professionals are hired on a contract basis, renewable each 6 months according to terms of the Conditions of Professional Service, which may be found at: http://hr.nau.edu/sites/default/files/files/Conditions%20of%20Service%20Professional%20Dec%202012%20Rev.pdf/.
Employees offered a position will be eligible for state health plans (including NAU's BCBS Plan). New employees are eligible for benefits on the first day of the pay period following their enrollment, after their employment date. Employees will have 31 days from their start date to enroll in benefits. If a new employee chooses the ASRS retirement option, participation in the Arizona State Retirement System, and the long-term disability coverage that accompanies it, will begin on the first of the pay period following 6 months after the new employee's start date. New employees who choose to participate in the Optional Retirement Plan (ORP), which is an alternative to the ASRS plan for faculty and other appointed staff, will begin to participate on the first day of employment. Additionally, the long-term disability plan that accompanies the ORP will begin on the first day of employment. More information is available at: https://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Benefits/Eligibility-Enrollment/
Learning and Development
Your career at Northern Arizona University includes the opportunity for professional development. New employee on-boarding training includes courses to be completed within the first 30 days (http://nau.edu/Human-Resources/Employee-Resources/Training/Required/). If your position includes the supervision of a benefit-eligible employee, we offer the NAU Supervisors Academy for you to complete within your first 2 years. In addition to the development classes offered in-person, every NAU employee receives a free subscription to Lynda.com. From this site you can access more than 1,400 training videos on a broad range of subjects, including business skills, photography, music and video, home computing, and web design and development.
July 12, 2018 at 11:59 p.m.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please click on the "Apply" button on this page. You must submit your application by clicking on the "Submit" button by midnight of the application deadline. If you need assistance completing your application there are instructions available on line at http://nau.edu/human-resources/ or in person in the Human Resources Department located in Building 91 on the NAU Campus - on the corner of Beaver and DuPont Streets.
If you are an individual with a disability and need reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process please contact the Office of Equity and Access at: 928-523-3312/TDD - 928-523-1006 or PO Box 4083, Flagstaff AZ 86011.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northern Arizona University is a committed Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Institution. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NAU is responsive to the needs of dual career couples.
NAU is an Employer of National Service. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other National Service alumni are encouraged to apply.