Marketing Manager - CHPS
Marketing Manager - CHPS
Position Category: Staff - Full-Time
The Marketing Manager will be responsible for overseeing the development and execution of integrated marketing communications for college-wide and program-specific initiatives. The individual will work in collaboration with cross-functional teams, including digital, creative, and PR disciplines to develop marketing amplification and content distribution strategies that promote, enhance and protect the University and college's brand reputation and awareness. The individual will use paid media to drive integrated communications campaigns, and deliver branded content to audiences by leveraging social media, mobile and web platforms, and other content distribution tactics.
The individual will work closely in a highly collaborative environment with the college leadership team and creative team to develop break-through, insight-driven programs and proactively uncover new opportunities for internal university clients. The ideal candidate will build the brand and creative strategies that deliver engagement ideas across channels, tactics, and content; and possess the ability to guide measurement that is aligned with strategy.
The ideal candidate has a deep passion for higher education, thinks creatively and differently about audience engagement and storytelling, and operates with agility, speed, and commitment to achieving clients' goals. The individual will be responsible for challenging conventional thought and provide strategy and planning, offering insights for complex marketing issues.
Graduation from an accredited institution with a bachelor’s degree, plus one year of marketing experience OR a combination of relevant education and experience totaling five years.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of media buying (traditional and digital).
- Knowledge of SEO/SEM, Google Analytics, CRM.
- Knowledge of organic and paid social media amplification through various marketing channels.
- Knowledge of social media automation.
- Excellent presenter and persuasive speaker.
- Capability to create and tell a story based on data.
- Knowledge of and experience using social media management platforms that monitor, analyze and report in real-time.
- Knowledge of driving client meetings, creative brainstorms, and team development.
- Qualitative and quantitative market research skills and experience.
- Uncover consumer insights through market research.
- Knowledge in advertising, copywriting, promotional video, and script writing skills.
- Skills in Lead generation and management.
- Stellar writer who generates creative content and is attentive to detail.
- Expertise in mobilizing and motivating teams.
- Self-motivated, fun, entrepreneurial, and curious.
- Collaborative spirit who enjoys building relationships and teams.
- Commitment to the highest standards of work quality.
- Understands and defines target audiences including multicultural, non-traditional, donors, government, community, administration, etc.
- Ability to identify strengths, weakness, opportunities, threats, and competition.
- Demonstrates and justifies strong ROI for marketing strategy and tactics.
- Ability to select vendors, and evaluate and manage them.
- Proven ability to develop and manage complex projects with multiple work streams across multiple departments.
- Hands-on leader who can inspire and manage the team to do award-winning work and able to write and present well to clients.
- Ability to turn ideas into workable plans and anticipate client and team needs.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve.
- Experience in cross-functional team management.
Preferred candidates will have 6 years of experience in integrated marketing communications and will have some experience at an agency.
Master’s Degree or MBA, Marketing preferred.
General working hours M-F 8 am - 5 pm.
Some nights and weekends possible.
Occasionally will need to attend special events.
Be on-call for crisis communication situations.
UVU offers an excellent benefits package which includes a generous leave policy, 12 paid holidays, affordable medical and dental insurance options, life and AD&D insurance, tuition waiver (undergraduate resident) for employee and dependents and substantial employer contribution to a retirement plan.
Pay Range: Commensurate with Experience
Advertisement Number: STA75518 University Relations Staff 06/29/2018
Open Date: 06/13/2018
Review Start Date: 06/18/2018
Close Date: 6/29/2018
Open Until Filled: No
Special Instructions to Applicant: Priority consideration will be given to those applicants who apply on or before the “Review Start Date." This job advertisement may close at any time after the review date.
To apply, visit: https://www.uvu.jobs/postings/7166
Employment decisions are made on the basis of an applicant’s qualifications and ability to perform the job without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 and over), disability, veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth, or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information, or other bases protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.