Title IX Coordinator
St. John Fisher College invites applications for the position of Title IX Coordinator. The Coordinator will provide institution-wide leadership and expertise regarding Title IX, VAWA and 129B compliance. Supporting the College’s commitment to providing an environment free from gender-based discrimination, violence and harassment, the Coordinator manages the day-to-day responsibilities associated with compliance efforts including all policies, procedures and prevention. The successful candidate will work closely with student affairs, human resources, academic affairs and athletics to foster a safe and supportive environment. This is a full-time position reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs.
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of Title IX, Violence Against Women Act (VAWA), NYS article 129-B and other related state and federal discrimination laws and College policy
- Develop and oversee college-wide education, training and outreach programing related to gender-based inequity, harassment and violence
- Coordinate the College’s timely response and investigation of complaints regarding Title IX and related College policies
- Maintain comprehensive case management system
- Administer and process climate assessment and implement recommended actions
- Serve as a dependable campus resource on a broad set of issues including community awareness, bystander intervention and education regarding healthy relationships
- Maintain consistent communication, outreach and Memorandums of Understanding with local advocacy and educational constituents
Education / Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required. A master’s degree in a relevant discipline or a juris doctorate is preferred. Experience working in higher education for a minimum of 3 years with Title IX compliance is strongly preferred.
Additional qualifications include excellent communication skills, both verbal and written; strong organizational, planning and administrative skills; a history of working with confidential and sensitive information.
Competencies / Skills:
The College seeks a trustworthy and approachable individual who has a strong administrative and student-focused background to serve in this position. The successful candidate will have knowledge of the current and emerging legislative environment related to this area and be a strategic thinker who can develop, implement and coordinate prevention programs and services. They are a collaborative team member who has the ability to build relationships across the institution while maintaining strict confidentiality.
Employees at St. John Fisher College are offered generous benefits including:
- Flexible Benefits Plan for Medical, Dental, & Vision
- Retirement Program enabling employees to set aside funds for the future - includes college contribution of 8%.
- Tuition assistance for employees, spouses, and dependents following 1 year of employment.
St. John Fisher College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located just outside of Rochester, New York with approximately 2,700 full-time undergraduate students and 1,000 graduate students. The College is a collaborative community dedicated to teaching, learning, and scholarship in a student-centered educational environment. The College engages individuals in lives of intellectual inquiry, professional integrity, and civic responsibility, where diversity and service to others are valued and practiced.