Associate Dean - School of Business
St. John Fisher College invites applications and nominations for the Associate Dean of the School of Business. The Associate Dean reports directly to the School Dean. The Associate Dean will collaborate with the Dean and with the faculty and staff to promote a robust and engaging undergraduate and graduate business curriculum to ensure the quality and rigor needed to maintain the School’s AACSB International accreditation.
- Overseeing and directing all graduate programs in the School of Business including but not limited to, curriculum development, assessment, new program development, staffing, advising and scheduling.
- Providing strategic and managerial oversight and short-term and long-term growth of graduate programs within the School of Business. Managing and supervising the launch of new graduate school programs (e.g. MBA degrees with concentration in specific disciplines such as Finance or Data Analytics, new Master’s Degree programs in areas such as Sales and Marketing), and enhancing existing programs.
- Working with the Provost, Dean and academic department chairs to facilitate the development of appropriate curricula for graduate programs.
- Working closely with the Assistant Dean on appropriate staffing of graduate courses and by contributing to the assurance of learning and assessment activities for graduate programs as required by AACSB – International. • Working with key internal constituencies such as the Enrollment Management Division, the Institutional Advancement Division, and the Academic Affairs Division to facilitate the communication of academic quality indicators to external constituencies, particularly and specifically for graduate programs.
- Serving in a leadership role on School-wide committees including curriculum, assurance of learning and the research and publications committees
- Supporting and enhancing the School of Business faculty research and scholarship activities including overseeing faculty research, scholarship and qualifications and working with department chairs to maintain faculty qualifications as specified by AACSB standards and facilitating the development and retention of appropriately-qualified faculty.
- Collaborating with the Dean and Assistant Dean in preparing for AACSB International’s continuous improvement process and periodic review of business programs.
- Coordinating with the department chairs in the preparation of the School’s course schedules.
- Representing the School on the College’s Academic Integrity committee and serving as the point of contact for student related issues.
- Fostering collegiality and collaboration within and between units, programs and departments within the School, and among Schools at Fisher.
- Establishing a positive, supportive, and productive environment for faculty, staff, and students.
- Teaching in area of expertise and interest may be available.
Education / Experience:
Qualified applicants will hold a doctoral degree in any School of Business or related field and have experience in higher education in assessment or administration. Qualifications should be commensurate to be appointed at a tenured Associate or Full Professor in the School of Business and strong record of scholarship. Academic rank and salary will be commensurate with experience. This is a 12-month position. Earned tenure and promoted to a higher rank at an AACSB-accredited School/College of Business is a plus.
Competencies / Skills:
Successful candidates will possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills, a strong commitment to collegiality and consensus building across organizational, disciplinary, and program boundaries, a collaborative working philosophy, a commitment to community engagement and a strong desire to develop and maximize faculty members' capabilities in their pursuit of teaching and scholarship excellence.
For more information, please contact Dr. Isar Kiani ([email protected]), chair of search committee.