Student Services and Career Office Assistant (AAIII)
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: School of Law
Department: CU School of Law
Requisition Number: 10887
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 19-Jun-2018
The Student Services is now accepting applications for a Student Services and Career Office Assistant position! This unit includes the dean of students and registrar functions for the law school, which include handling administration of student programs and classes as well as student requests related to a wide variety of issues. The Career Development Office ("CDO") serves as the center of student and alumni career-related activity and inquiry. The two units work closely together in supporting students, with the CDO facilitating the job search strategies and career development of students and alumni through counseling, workshops and programs and by providing access to professional personnel and resources, and the Student Services unit focusing on other aspects of the student experience, such as integration into law school, navigating the law school experience, class registration, and exam administration. This position provides a wide variety of administrative support for both offices.
Who We Are
We are an engaged, diverse, and inclusive community of students, faculty, staff, and alumni who help one another succeed. Our selective admissions process keeps our student body small, enabling our faculty, staff, alumni, and community to invest deeply in each student’s success. Because we take our responsibility to educate and train future lawyers very seriously, our curriculum, research centers, and experiential learning opportunities are designed to prepare students for success in today’s changing legal environment.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Assist Career Development, Registrar, and Student Services with greeting and routing of visitors and questions coming in by email (personal, Lscareer, Lawreg, and Lawstudentaffairs) and phone.
- Respond to reciprocity and symplicity requests from Colorado Law students and students from other law schools.
- Assist CDO Program Coordinator with supervision of student assistants.
- Coordinate and assist in scheduling and coordination of events and meetings (On-campus interviews, JD Pathways, CDO Career Fair, CDO Career Panels, Commencement, Orientation, student meetings, etc.) by communicating with speakers, reserving rooms, ordering food, greeting speakers, handling parking needs, helping with IT on day of events, paying for and processing/allocating expenses.
- Participate in both pre planing and post follow up meetings for both CDO and Student Services events.
Job and Other Data Entry and Tracking
- Determine if jobs meet CDO requirements for posting. Post jobs received from Qualtrics survey, emails and CDOnline posting board to CDOnline and assign jobs to the appropriate CDO counselor for follow up.
- Assist in creation and administration of surveys of students and employers for employment data, feedback, and other purposes.
- Update student alumni data from surveys in CDOnline.
- Keep up to date information and manage student organization webpage for student services office.
- Review data, follow up on missing information and questions, and prepare reports.
- Enter and review data to ensure accuracy.
Bar Certification, Transcript, Other Certification Forms Processing
- Coordinate requests from students and alumni for transcripts and certifications needed for admission to practice law (e.g., bar certifications, character and fitness forms, student practice act certifications, letters of good standing, certificates of graduation, certificates of enrollment, etc.) by logging requests, collecting student files as needed, reviewing records for graduation date, honor code violations, application amendments and other information, completing as much of forms as possible, preparing them for signature by appropriate official, copying completed forms and adding them to school records, and transmitting them to requesting authority in a timely manner.
- Track requests for purposes of CDO reporting to ABA and other authorities annually.
- Prepare periodic communications to students and employers, including weekly CDO newsletters.
- Edit and proofread to ensure clear, organized, concise, and error-free communications in both CDO and Student Services that is internally consistent and also consistent with other student messages (e.g., encourages professionalism).
Management of Records, Expenses, and Supplies
- Assist in handling all document filing, retrieval, and records retention for the dean of students and registrar's offices, including maintenance of student records.
- Assist in file management; maintain paper and electronic filing systems containing student records, event files, subject matter files, and other written and electronic data.
- Process reimbursements and allocate expenses for Student Services and CDO personnel and events.
Class Registration, Exams and Grades
- Support Registrar's function by helping to register students for classes in CU-SIS, processing add/drop requests from students, submitting grade change forms, proctoring final exams, sorting exam packets as they come back to Registrar's Office, assisting students who have examsoft/computer issues during their exams, reserving rooms for make-up and rescheduled exams, uploading finalized grades to CU-SIS.
- In a fast-paced environment, there often are additional needs.
What You Should Know
This is a full-time position.
What We Can Offer
The anticipated starting salary is: $42,336.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Proactive. Be Supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Three years of clerical experience.
- At the agency’s discretion, college or university course work, appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute for the experience on a year-for- year basis.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent undergraduate degree.
- Familiar with technology.
- Judgment and discretion, including experience with confidential information.
Please apply by June 19, 2018 at midnight.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer