Program Director of Auxiliary Services Marketing
Areas of Intereset: Administrative Support
Functional Areas: School of Education
Department: School of Education
Requisition Number: 11005
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: University Staff
Posting Close Date: 18-Jun-2018
The Program Assistant will provide support to the following:
1. Public Achievement
2. Leadership Studies Minor
4. Puksta Scholars
The Program Assistant will join a collaborative team environment as well as a warm and welcoming community with a deep commitment to equity, access, and justice. This position will be supervised by the Public Achievement Director and will work primarily out of the Public Achievement office space.
This is a full time, one year position with the potential to renew should additional funding become available. Schedule and hours for this position will vary and will be determined on a weekly basis in collaboration with the successful candidate’s supervisor. Some evening and weekend hours will be required.
Who We Are
CU Engage collaborates with communities, schools, and organizations to address complex public challenges. We facilitate the development of equity-oriented partnerships that sustain engaged learning and mutually beneficial community-based research.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Public Achievement Program Coordinator
- Manage all program logistics and weekly programming in BVSD for over 200 k-12 youth and over 75 CU undergraduates.
- Lead and train an annual Americorps cohort of up to 7 Public Achievement Site Coordinators.
- Organize people and resources to enhance Public Achievement’s impact on education, democracy and issues that impact local youth, schools and communities.
- Program Curriculum, Community and Training: (Approximately 10 hours weekly)
- Collaboratively develop, assign and implement comprehensive training, accountability measures, curricular guides, and reflections for all k-12 and CU undergraduate student participants in Public Achievement.
- Facilitate training, supervision and support and weekly direction of up to 7 Americorps volunteers serving as Public Achievement site coordinators between CU and BVSD.
- Develop and maintain school, program and community partnerships on behalf of CU Engage and Public Achievement that directly impact the quality of our impact, programming, and reciprocity.
- Attend and facilitate workshops, practicum and weekly meetings.
- Program Events and Community Engagement: ( Approximately 5 hours weekly)
- Develop and implement civic engagement partnerships and projects.
- Lead communication, coordination, supervision and support in annual events, campus visits, statewide conferences, local celebrations, service events, student-led events, and project unveilings.
- Program Recruitment, Logistics and Retention: (Approximately 5 hours weekly)
- Develop recruitment methods and content for recruiting PA coaches and undergraduates for INVST.
- Monitor program logistics, communication and public relations for INVST.
Leadership Studies Minor Academic Support
- Support the implementation of academic support structures for undergraduate students in the Leadership Studies Minor.
- Recruit and respond to inquiries from prospective minor students:
- Assist current students with academic support needs (e.g., course planning, declaring the minor) in conjunction with the Office of Student Services;
- Contribute to ongoing course review and other administrative processes
- Work closely with the Program Director to explore new experiential learning opportunities and relationships, such as the development of a Learning Assistant program for LEAD courses and recruitment of community partners for LEAD capstone course.
- Under the guidance and supervision of the CU Engage Director of Communications, the Program Assistant will:
- Assist with the implementation of the CU Engage communication strategy by generating, posting and managing social media content to CU Engage platforms as directed (such as "Monday Motivation" weekly posts, "Throwback Thursday" weekly posts, etc; as well as more urgent/timely content). This will be done in close consultation with the Director of Communications to ensure correct branding and adherence to other university guidelines.
- Obtain monthly bullet points from CU Engage staff people and create internal monthly CU Engage newsletter.
- Assist with posting the monthly AMPLIFY audio files to the CU Engage Soundcloud account.
- Assist CU Engage Director of Communications with other general communications needs as directed and as time allows.
Puksta Scholars Admin Support
- Assist coordinator in establishing accountability structures for Puksta Scholars.
- Review scholars’ weekly progress.
- Attend orientation and select classes, and help students with their project on an as needed basis.
- Attend CU Engage monthly staff meetings and quarterly retreats.
What You Should Know
Will vary, some weekend and evening hours, some off-site work.
What We Can Offer
The starting annual salary for this position is $40,000.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be Impactful. Be Inclusive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Experience of Public Achievement program or other leadership program.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required as work locations are often off-site and vary.
What You Will Need
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate and present information to groups of people.
- Knowledge of effective recruitment strategies and methods using a variety of platforms.
- Strong working knowledge of computers and social media platforms.
- Sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural, political, and geographical differences, with ability to work will with faculty, staff, and students from around the world.
What We Would Like You To Have
- A minimum of one year of experience working in a higher education setting.
- Demonstrated experience managing social media content for an organization or business.
- Experience with academic recruiting and student support.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: HRESmail@colorado.edu
The University of Colorado is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer