Clerk II - Receptionist - Mineola
Clerk II - Receptionist - Mineola-1801633
Required Qualifications: (As Evidenced by an Attached Resume)
High School Diploma/GED (equivalent) or higher. Two (2) years of full time clerical experience in an office setting. Working knowledge of Word and Excel. Must have, keep and maintain the appropriate valid NYS Driver’s License; have a motor vehicle record which is free from major violations or a pattern of repeat violations. (***Out-of-State Applicants, see "Special Notes”).
Additional two (2) years of clerical experience in an office setting. Previous medical office reception experience. Knowledge of Research Foundation SUNY policies and procedures. Competence with medical terminology. Working knowledge of Cerner EMR. Bilingual in Spanish/English is preferred.
Brief Description of Duties:
The incumbent must have knowledge of proper grammatical usage, punctuation and spelling. S/he must have strong organizational and interpersonal skills. S/he must be detail oriented and have a professional and friendly phone manner. S/he will perform the following:
- Answer phones and take accurate messages.
- Route calls to appropriate staff for multiple lines.
- Make reminder calls to patients and schedule treatment appointments.
- Respond to patient inquiries and /or direct calls appropriately.
- Greet and encounter patients.
- Process intake paperwork upon accessing and verifying information in two databases (Cerner EMR and IDX).
- Ensure that the IDX database has the updated patient information with any changes required.
- Prepare charts for patient visits.
- Print patient information forms from data on the server and print the patient information form from TRIAL DB along with the patient's registration form.
- Make labels for the charts.
- Pull up weekly patient certification updates from the patient certifications status report. Place paperwork in the chart and label the chart.
- Check the IDX and the treatment appointments for any appointment add-ons and prepare those additional charts, if any.
- Assist with patient flow, deciphering information on the schedule that will determine the order in which the patient is seen once intake paperwork is complete. (i.e. coordinate with nursing, social work and provider staff.)
- Enter data into WTC database.
- Verify that information is accurate in the Cerner EMR system.
- Other duties as assigned, including back-up to the Commack site.
The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private educational corporation. Employment is subject to the Research Foundation policies and procedures, sponsor guidelines and the availability of funding. FLSA Nonexempt position, eligible for the overtime provisions of the FLSA. **This position is located in Mineola. Occasional travel between Commack and the Mineola clinic may be required.*** Occasional Saturdays will be required.
***Out-of-State Applicants: Please note as a condition of employment and in order for this position to be tendered, the successful incumbent will be required to provide evidence of a valid license and driving abstract from the state issuing the license within five business days of a conditional offer and must obtain a NYS driver's license within 30 days of acceptance of offer.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook:
Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans. If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Clerk II
Job Field: Clerical/Secretarial
Primary Location: US-NY-Mineola
Department/Hiring Area: Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 8:00-4:00Medicine - WTCHP-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: Jun 13, 2018
Posting End Date: Jun 27, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: 28-32k CWE
Salary Grade: N5