Preferred Qualifications: Experience in biostatistical consultation and collaboration in an academic clinical research especially in cancer research. Experience in clinical trial designs or being the statistician supporting a clinical trial from designing to analyzing data when study ends. Experience with large administrative databases like Medicare. Proficient in SAS and R, SPSS or STATA desired. Experience with basic bioinformatics analysis or some bioinformatics tools.
Brief Description of Duties: The Biostatistical Consulting Core, School of Medicine, Stony Brook University is looking for a master-level biostatistician with a strong interest in academic scholarship and publication as well as skills in managing, programming and analyzing data from multiple sources. The successful candidate will work with investigators, research coordinators, medical students and post-graduate fellows to complete various translational and clinical research projects using a variety of statistical techniques. In addition, the successful candidate will get an opportunity to collaborate with other experienced statisticians and supervise junior trainees who are enrolled in Stony Brook University graduate programs. The successful incumbent should become well versed with medical terminology.
- Performs a variety of duties involving the application of statistical skills to the design of research studies. Works as a member of a research team/study team to provide appropriate statistical input in the design, execution and analysis of studies.
- Participates in the development of operations and procedures for the collection, editing, monitoring, verification and management of statistical data.
- Evaluates the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Processes large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis.
- Performs statistical analyses.
- Investigates, evaluates and prepares reports on applicability, efficiency, and accuracy of statistical methods used in obtaining and evaluation data.
- Participates in the preparation of written and oral presentations that summarize the analysis of data, interprets the finding and provides conclusions and recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned.
Stony Brook University is 100% tobacco-free as of January 1, 2016. See our policy and learn more at stonybrook.edu/tobaccofree.
About Stony Brook: Long Island’s premier academic medical center, Stony Brook Medicine represents Stony Brook University’s entire medical enterprise and integrates all of Stony Brook’s health-related initiatives: education, research and patient care. It encompasses Stony Brook University Hospital, Stony Brook Children’s Hospital, the six Health Sciences schools — Dental Medicine, Health Technology and Management, Pharmaceutical Sciences, Medicine, Nursing and Social Welfare — as well as the major centers and institutes, programs and more than 50 community-based healthcare settings throughout Suffolk County. With 603 beds, Stony Brook University Hospital serves as Suffolk County’s only tertiary care center and Regional Trauma Center. Stony Brook Children’s, with more than 180 pediatric specialists in 30 specialties, offers the most advanced pediatric specialty care in the region.
Equal Opportunity Employer, females, minorities, disabled, veterans. If you need a disability related accommodation, please call the University Human Resource Services Department at (631) 632- 6161 or the University Hospital Human Resources Department at (631) 444-4700. In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act, a copy of our crime statistics is available upon request by calling (631) 632- 6350. It can also be viewed on line at the University Police website at http://www.stonybrook.edu/police.
Official Job Title: Data Manager/Statistician
Job Field: Administrative & Professional (non-Clinical)
Primary Location: US-NY-Stony Brook
Department/Hiring Area: Cancer Center-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Schedule: Full-time Day Shift 9 to 5Cancer Center-The Research Foundation for The State University of New York at Stony Brook
Posting Start Date: May 29, 2018
Posting End Date: Jun 12, 2018, 11:59:00 PM
Salary: Comensurate with Experience
Salary Grade: E79